• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Upper Radiator Hose for TPI Swap?

RockTractor

Basic User
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Has anybody on here done a 350 TPI swap in their CJ? I'm having a heck of a time finding an upper radiator hose that will fit.
I'm trying to get from the OEM TPI thermostat housing (1-5/16 Hose I.D.) to an aftermarket (built for CJ to 350 conversion) radiator (1-1/2 Hose I.D.).
Does anybody have a part number to share?

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I wonder if the hose for a carb’d 350 to that conversion radiator would work. I’ve got a listing of that somewhere.

RockTractor

Basic User
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
I wonder if the hose for a carb’d 350 to that conversion radiator would work. I’ve got a listing of that somewhere.
Randy,

Thanks - anything helps!

BTW, I just found Dayco's site.. They have a "Dimensional Lookup" feature that is offering me some hope. Finger's crossed!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
It was a post I did here somewhere. But I can’t find anywhere.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I used a stock 89 4.3 S10 upper radiator hose to my stock CJ8 radiator. Not perfect, but it works.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I think it may work better on yours than mine. The S10 has the upper fitting on the drivers side. I just rotated the hose to passenger on mine.

I don’t have a gear picture, but this is how it sat in the donor truck.
4857EA03-4DEE-4548-91F6-29B6CAC6BD6A.png

RockTractor

Basic User
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
I think it may work better on yours than mine. The S10 has the upper fitting on the drivers side. I just rotated the hose to passenger on mine.

I don’t have a gear picture, but this is how it sat in the donor truck.
Ah, thanks! I'll definitely have a closer look at that possibility!

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Carquest 20827 is what I used on a TBI 350 with a Chevy conversion radiator.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I just found some notes- I have 71659 Dayco listed for an upper hose, and 71904 for a lower. I’m sure some trimming was involved. These were from notes on my phone, so I hope they’re correct.

Skeltor

Basic User
City
Flagstaff
State
Az
Sorry to be so late to the thread.
I used a NAPA part number 8835 for the upper. Here is a link with a picture -

RockTractor

Basic User
City
Albuquerque
State
NM
Sorry to be so late to the thread.
I used a NAPA part number 8835 for the upper. Here is a link with a picture -

LOL. I found your thread a while ago and have already bought and, returned that hose. My motor has a serpentine belt system and a different thermostat housing. As best as I can tell, my motor was pulled from a 1990 Camaro IROC-Z. What did yours come out of?