• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Valve Cover Gasket

joshvt

Scrambler Enthusiast
Lifetime Member
City
charlotte
State
nc
Last fall I noticed a valve cover leak. My jeep tinkering time has been limited lately, but I finally found some time to mess with it last weekend.

Decided to try a Real Gasket this time so ordered one a while back. Was amazed when I pulled the cover off that the felpro gasket I used previously had totally failed. I thought I had it torqued correctly, but maybe not.

Cleaned up the surfaces and installed the new gasket dry/ no sealant per the instructions. Man it was nice to not have to mess with using sealant to “glue” it to the valve cover, etc. The Real Gasket fit perfect and made the job go quick. Torqued it to 25 inch lbs which seems like nothing. 2 long drives over the weekend and no leaks. Hopefully it holds up. And I don’t mind the orange pinstripe.
6ADE2533-9D00-436B-BE63-98B43DFDE2A6.jpegC5A7EAE6-3069-41E1-A9FE-88EBC4A658DB.jpegE5A5DEBA-EAB6-4B0B-8715-C1CBA30EEF94.jpegA9C31B0A-0EA6-4C12-BDEC-CD172D8B648A.jpeg