Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
We went from South Carolina to Vegas to see family and lo and behold there was an offroad race kicking off, so we went for it!!!!

The race started in Beatty, NV and ends in Reno and is 500 or so miles through the desert. Yesterday we got to meet some of the racers at the tech check and they were some of the nicest ever.

My son, who is 3, thought it was pretty cool too. :) Lemme tell you, Beatty, NV is 1000 people and there is zero else out there. Creosote, Joshua Tree and sand/dirt/gravel...and maybe a rattle snake or two.

And a nuclear test site

This guy was the last entrant and the only VW bug. You go dude!

Nice Honcho!

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I talked to these guys a bit, this is a 1600CC VW engined buggy that is an all girl team. I talked to their (his two daughters are the drivers) dad and he said they are third generation racers, but the girls are doing it as an all girl team and are top in their class. He was a proud dad and had every reason to be.

These guys were working on this truck right up to start, it started, and then as we were walking back to the car to leave he came limping back. They were hurriedly working on it as we were leaving hoping to not DNF and lose points. Looked like something happened in the rear suspension. I like his paint job...nostalgia

Lukas and my wife enjoying the race start.

Lukas and I enjoying the event

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
The guy spun out in front of him and crossed up across the race course. They had been chasing the driver for quite some time before this happened.

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I'll look and see if I have a picture. Is it orange or yellow???

Sent from my Nexus 7

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Ah, I thought that VID was yesterdays race! That is too bad about not running again. Hope he is able to get back in it.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Roman

Legacy Registered User
City
Kennewick
State
wa
V2R is THE BEST RACE in the US!

We raced it several times, including the 1000 mile course a few years back.
Not the easiest spectator course, but amazing none the less...