• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Website updates on my progress..

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
I actually got around to some updates @ my site :eek: GreatCJ8.com .

Specifically -Here- ,
mostly about the progress of my CJ8.

The next page will be about mounting a Hi-Lift to a CJ8 rollbar-
an idea passed to me from fellow CJ8'rs.

Future pages include:
A write up about my CJ8 cage install w/ a tuffy console overhead between the spreaders,
Rear seat installation with some kind of quick disconnect
Trail rides:D
Security devices that I'll install
& a few others I'm thinkin about-

Suggestions are always welcome!

Last edited:

dadscj8

SOA Charter Member
City
Tucson
State
AZ
Thanks for the update, i always appreciate the detailed pictures on your projects. It's good to be able to see it as well as read it. I'll bookmark it for my future "got into trouble again'' questions.

tom82cj8

Scrambler Pro
City
Austin
State
TX
Lookin Good! Just put in some late nights and I am sure you will make your deadline. What kind of Carb did you install? 2100? What was the application you used?

Thanks,
Tom

Dodster

SOA Member
City
Mechanicsville
State
Va
Hey Mike I see your 8 is coming along nicely!! I like your front bumper!! Keep plugging away man you'll make it to the trail rides! :D

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Looking good Mike. I like your "I'm in the garage" statement.

Panther

Scrambler Nut
City
Methuen
State
MA
Looks good, I like the right ups and chronological order of the progress.

How is the body work coming out?
I have to do a few spots myself and get it painted at some point.

I'm working on a Scrambler links page for my site and will put you on there.
Lee

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Panther said:
Looks good, I like the right ups and chronological order of the progress.

How is the body work coming out?
I have to do a few spots myself and get it painted at some point.

I'm working on a Scrambler links page for my site and will put you on there.
Lee

Thanks Lee & all,
I will be adding everyone's from here as well to my links page.

I'm no body expert- my wife would argue that :p
but all I'm doing is cutting/grinding away the bad stuff, applying naval jelly (turns rust to treated metal & stops it) <- can get it @ Napa- I use it on a LOT of stuff!!!; then I'm getting sheet metal scraps & pop riviting them on- beating it in with a rubber malet & bondo-ing over. My rusty areas don't have to be pretty as it will be covered with rocker panel protection & if they get bad again I'll cut the whole bottom (under the doors from tire to tire) & replace with 6" high cj8 rocker replacement panels. I have a link for that somewhere.

1BADCJ8- As far as the "I'm in the garage" statement; just ask my wife- it's the truth :D

tom82cj8- Yeah, I used a Motorcraft 2100 with a Mr Gasket P# 1937 [2 bbl to 2 bbl adapter] Then I had to get a new air cleaner & housing. Got one off a 70 sumthin' Wagoneer.
Fits real good but it's tight near the brake M.cylinder.
If you have a master brake booster you'll need a different setup. It has been done, search & you'll find it if need be, I just don't have a booster.

Last edited:

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
Hi all,
Had a really slow day @ work (pre holiday & all) -
Sooo I did some much needed work on my site.

-Cleaned up a lot of the "big" pictures for the dial-up challenged out there, now many are 1/10th of the file size that they were!
(while keeping the same clarity & dimensions!)

--Un-cluttered it some (much needed I'd say)

---Made a neeto drop down of my recent projects that I'll be adding to as I do more

Dodster

SOA Member
City
Mechanicsville
State
Va
Nice wheels

Mike - I like the garage cam shot. Nice wheels. I want you to take notice the next time you see my Scrambler that I got my wheels on the right way. :D Looking at your pic reminded me our 8s are the same color. Just put a winch on the front and we'll have twin Scramblers!! When are we goin' trail riding??!!

-Dodd