• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Welcome to the "Other" engine swap subforum! Nominate threads for this new forum

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Let me know about threads you remember that would be good to move here (I will leave permanent redirects where they are now).

83CJ-8

Trying to catch up
City
Lewes
State
DE
The only one I remember is the one I did back in "92" in my Scrambler. What a frigging nightmare it turned out to be! I planned it would take about a week with my work schedule at the time. But went 3 weeks and over double the cost of what I had budgeted.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
The only one I remember is the one I did back in "92" in my Scrambler. What a frigging nightmare it turned out to be! I planned it would take about a week with my work schedule at the time. But went 3 weeks and over double the cost of what I had budgeted.
Can you grab a link?

STSFCTN

City
Centennial
State
CO
No, I wanted to use a Saginaw pump so I got the front accessories including timing chain cover basically from an E150 but bolted up the 95 mustang alternator and smog pump.

Attachments

• 16284593258227348113534370204485.jpg
    16284593258227348113534370204485.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 4

urchinhead

Basic User
City
San Francisco
State
CA
Keep me posted how the accessories fit with the radiator and the rest of the engine bay. I was planning to use the stock Explorer brackets and pulleys due to their short length, but this will most likely prevent me from running a supercharger, which is on my build list.