• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Well, I didn't see wheels listed anywhere so Im posting my question here

redking11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
First off, are there wheels out there that look like the jeep wagon wheels that are not? I bought a set and wonder if they are real. Second, between 15x7 & 15x8, what's the difference between the ability to put a slightly thicker tire on the 8? Advantages? Cons? I would think the 8 makes rubbing more of an issue.

Many thanks

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
I found a set of 5 OEM this week on CL and just picked them up this morning, great shape but I'm still going to get them sand blasted and powder coated. I got 2 chrome caps with them at a great price. Better than after markets

redking11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
My question is more about how to avoid the knock-offs. I''m actually afraid that I bought some but don't know what to look for.

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Gotcha. There are better people here to explain that better than me. There are 2 or 3 things to look for

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
image.jpgimage.jpgOn the inside it will say Made in Canada. Also the way the D opening is shaped and the wholes for the chrome caps

redking11

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Farmington
State
NM
So the little holes between the lugnut holes are for the chrome caps? and by D shape are you just referring to the general shape of the spoke holes?