what am I not thinking of? Speedometer issues

City
White Rock
State
NM
Not sure this is the right forum but here goes anyway. My speedo quit working, I assumed it the cable and dig out my replacement cable and start to fix it. the old cabe is fine, I tak eboth ends loose and if I spin one end the other follows suit so I think bingo, except for the blood Im golden, put it back together and nada, nothing, zip, zilch..... so I take it apart again, take the housing out and reroute it, lube it again, put it atogether again and if I spin the bottom end the seedo registers as it should, so I button it all up again and surprise surprise, nada, zip, zilch nada on the gauge. what am I not thinking of? the gauge appears good, the cable appears good, seems to pransmit the data correctly but while driving I get bumpkis.

Thanks Gents

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Doesn't matter much which forum you use, most of us just look at new posts ;)
My guess is your gear in the transfer case either s&%t the bed, or the housing it's in was loose and the gear is now misaligned. I can't tell from your post if that was addressed or not.

walkerhoundvm

Typical Know-it-all
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
thanks, that was my next line of inquirey, I have a speed sensor on the tcase for the EFI and it seems to work ok but I'll pull the gear and check it manana
I've had trouble with that interface between the efi sensor and the transfer case, like it doesn't want to line up or something. Gear was OK, sensor never let me know of any issues, but with an old sensor I had trouble getting that unit working together.

City
White Rock
State
NM
yeah the alignment of all the parts is nontrivial, I pulled the speed sensor to attach the cable to it to be sure I got it in right but maybe I can get to the speedo gear tomorrow

Thanks