skiptown

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Madison
State
WI
So you just bought the corned beef?[/QUOTE

This was packaged, Ive made it from scratch before but I dont have the space in the fridge to brine it for ten days. Plus I cant buy the raw brisket for what I paid for the packaged stuff right now!

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Not a thang wrong with that. I have a buddy here at work that is getting in to charcuterie and he was asking.

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Last night was a good one to stay inside and not be back and forth to the grill it was so cold and rainy. So it was baked Dijon Garlic Panko Chicken Tenders with roasted squash, black eyed peas and sauteed onions and mushrooms. This entire plate was less than 500 calories! Planning on Whole Wheat Linguini and Shrimp w/ andouille sausage tonight!
8571299879_dc95414285_b.jpg

7jeeps7kings

Legacy Registered User
City
right near the lake
State
OH
I'll join in. made this the other day for the family.
Home made cilantro rice, chorizo from store, homemade salsa,
bagged mexican cheese, sour cream from the store, homemade guacamole,
with some canned refried beans with cheese on top.

the suck part about this meal:
-Pulling the cilantro off the stem.
-The chorizo comes cased in sausage links so you have to take the meat
out of the casing. my local stores only get chorizo in sausage links and not bulk...
-Making too much guacamole. It never lasted even if you put lime juice on top of it... lol

7jeeps7kings

ps. sorry... forgot to take a pic before I started eating it. then I thought of this thread...lol

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Garden is starting to produce... got 3 zucchinis, a ton of peas, cabbage and lettuce so far.
Lots of Green tomatoes starting to grown and the eggplant/beets/cucumbers show a lot of movement... no peppers yet and the broccoli doesn't look all that great, but all in all, I was able to fry me up some zucc's last night...

0707131915.jpg
0707131925.jpg

Yup, in the old cast iron skillet as well!

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Picked blueberries last night and made blueberry pancakes for the family... they went over very well... and hte bushes have tons more waiting to be picked!

cb

0713130758.jpg
0713130759.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Fresh corn, soaked in water, grilled up, and it accompanied some good friends, some good company, some good conversation, some refreshing G&T's and finally some burgers, sausage, and finished off the night with a campfire and some smores... life is good :)

cb

0810131710.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
The garden has been good to us this year... 2 nights ago, we had zucchini boats and stuffed peppers.
They are essentially the same thing, you just mix up rice, ground meet, some tomatoes, seasoning, etc. and stuff it in and cook it, a litlte sauce on top... the sauce would also have been from the garden, but we have been having Caprisi salads (tomatoes/mozzarella/dressing) as well as tomatoes/cucumber salad.

All in all a very good harvest of tomatoes. They go in the eggs in the morning and the sandwiches at lunch.

I will say though, there is a thing as too many veggies... the insides are clean as a whistle!

cb

0830131712a.jpg

skiptown

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Madison
State
WI
Time to bring this thread back! Memorial Day seafood fest..eat your heart out Red Lobster IMG_1942.JPG

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
I burned the bugers last night as I was in agonizing pain.... I get a pass lol..

Sent from my SPH-L900

City
Fort Collins
State
CO
Speaking of "Grilles"... ... What's on the grill?!

I LOVE Jeeps! I love the look of any GRILLE that had SEVEN slots in it!! :headbang: I also love the other GRILL... The other one that is also overheating, smoking, causing you to burn your fingertips, and shout profanity... But when the smoke has cleared and the beer is cold you sit back and enjoy the labor of love that is your passion of charcoal and searing flesh (of the animal variety!)
I have been told by many friends, relatives, and coworkers even that I missed my calling and should have been a chef! We all have passions outside of the Jeep realm but I'd guess that we all share the enjoyment of standing around the grill with other 'grille' lovers talking Jeeps whilst tipping a cold one entranced by the smoldering embers, turning red (or white) meat into succulent cuisine.....
So if you share the passion of grilling or food in general, SHARE your pics, your recipes, your mouth watering experiences with your fellow GRILLE LOVERS!!!!

I'll start with what I made tonight. (Forgive me, but I am only guessing since I don't really measure and just "throw" many of my masterpieces together!)

2 extra thick 1-1 1/2" pork chops soaked in Guinness ('bout 1/2 cup) with a half tablespoon of granulated garlic and a teaspoon of sea salt and half teaspoon of fresh ground pepper. Soaked for about 30-45 minutes while the charcoal got ready/sides preparation.

Meanwhile I poured about 12-16 oz of Guinness and about 3 cloves of pressed or minced garlic in a small sauce pan on the stove on low to reduce the liquid.

1 1/2-2 cups of potatoes cut/sliced to your choosing with 2 cloves garlic minced/pressed 1 teaspoon sea salt and 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper with 1 tablespoon olive oil mixed and dumped in a foil pack or two.

^^^^Same ingredients basically (garlic, salt, pepper, oil) with a "bunch" of asparagus cut into 1-1 1/2 inch pieces asparagus instead of potatoes tossed in a bowl/later dumped in a grill basket.

1 tablespoon salted butter melted in a small sauce pan with about 3/4-1 cup milk and 1/2 tablespoon flour. Heat til mixed reduce heat to low then add cubes of smoked Gouda cheese (about 3/4-1 cup) until a thick sauce is made and just keep warm.

Once coals white hot... Spread out with a hot and medium hot spot. Put foil potato pack on a med hot spot. Wait about 5-10 minutes before adding chops. Grill chops for about 5 minutes each side and move to top rack of grill or away from direct heat, then Add asparagus in grill basket and stir about every 2 or 3 minutes for about 10-12 minutes and move to indirect heat or put in a covered dish to keep warm. Flip potatoes about every 10 minutes or so during chops cooking. Cook chops to 140 degrees then move back over direct heat. Brush Guinness and garlic "sauce" on chops and let sit for a minute or 2. Then flip and repeat until 146-150 degrees is reached and/or you run out of Guinness garlic sauce (since you're adding liquid and flavor at this point don't worry about specific temp as long as you hit 146 at some point) . Taters are fine the whole time if they are flipped every 8-10 minutes or so and aren't over a really hot spot. Take it all off the coals.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431923064.930292.jpg

Spoon some smoked Gouda cheese sauce over the chops as you plate up the meal and serve with a nice cold beer of your choosing, add a manly story of a JEEP trail ride, hunting trip, fishing excursion while you're eating or tell an enchanting story of sunsets and meteor showers with a pretty girl... If you're trying to impress "the one"... (Trust me she will be impressed if you can pull it off!).
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431922832.517744.jpg

Please enjoy and share your own Grilling experiences!! I seriously can't imagine a Jeeper who doesn't enjoy grilled food even if they aren't a master chef!!

Last edited:
City
Fort Collins
State
CO
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431923483.172436.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1431923506.705694.jpg
"Grilled" 12 hours old (dead) elk loin steaks at a 9500 feet elevation spike camp Comanche Peaks Wilderness Area of Roosevelt National Forest back in September '13 with canned beans and instant potatoes..... A meal I will never forget!! Ultra fresh meets eternally non-perishable... My first elk kill victory celebration meal!! :bacon: