barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
went to start putting on my new flowmasters only to find out I got offset in center out and I need center in, offset out:banghead:

City
White Rock
State
NM
I pulled the rear cage out to start trying to slow down the rust thats resurfacing. What a PITA, Still four of the beloved factory roll bar bolts to get out or cut off flush... I'm thinking I may leave it out for a whle

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Well, some of you might have heard about my coolant problems. I know I have been whining about it for at least a few days now. So today I picked up a radiator and fan with a smaller clutch. Thanks Jim!!!

Then tonight I took the crapped radiator out along with the fan assembly and the water pump. Picking up a new water pump tomorrow. Maybe I will have some time to do some installation tomorrow.

Leaking radiator. See the circle in the center?* That is where the old fan clutch was rubbing it.

And the unassembled stuff

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
What wp are you putting in?
Don't know yet. Picking one up at the auto parts store today. Why? What should i look for?

And should I try to get some electric fans today? How easy is the install?

AdamH

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Mt Holly
State
NC
picked up my freshly painted half hard top yesterday. Hope to start the glass install tonight. Pics will be posted in my build thread.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Installed the water pump and radiator and buttoned it all up. Except for the fan. Too tight. Need to get an electric fan.

Bad Karma

Captain Sarcasm
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Garden Hill, Ontario, Cana
State
da
While driving from Silver Lake to Sarnia, the Jeep ran hot a couple times. Also felt a strange vibration in the floor a couple times that i could not find any where.. Turns out my rad fan motor is shot again...
Installed fan 2 years ago. Had to replace it last year on the way back from the Nationals on Kentucky and now again. :banghead: motor is lasting no more than 1 year which is totally unacceptable...
I ordered 2 motors. :banghead: Gonna have to find a better setup once time allows me.

tower210

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Olathe
State
KS
Installed the water pump and radiator and buttoned it all up. Except for the fan. Too tight. Need to get an electric fan.
Just curious whether you were using an aftermarket high flow pump vs rebuilt. I'm curious what the flow cooler pumps look look in person.

Are you going Taurus fan or contour or AM?

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
It is not a rebuilt pump. It looks just like the oem. It was only 30 ish so i am sure it is nothing special.

As for the fan, i do not know yet. I found one on craigslist and have started talking to the seller. I don't know much at this point.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I have never had a problem running the factory setup with shroud and even on 350 and 360 swaps. It seems like elec fans are all the rage. It seems like extra trouble granted there are times when it's needed in a specific application, clearance etc, But also hearing it running afterwards bothers me too. Just my two cents. :)

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
I ran about 60mph on the way home from silver lake on sunday and didnt make it over 165*. That is with a oem v8 shroud and a 360. I didnt believe that a stock set up would cool since I had over heating issues but it sure held its own in 85* .

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
My issue is clearance. The last radiator was killed by the clutch on the fan rubbing it.

City
Halifax
State
UK
I would suggest if its crucial then fit two smaller electric fans instead of one big one and then you have a bit of "fan" redundancy built in.
Neither an electric fan or the factory fan will be doing a lot if you are cruising at 60mph anyway,should be enough air blasting through that radiator to cool it at that speed with no fan installed:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.