• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What flaring tool are you guys using? Just want an idea.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I keep looking for a Mastercool set for a decent price. But I don't think anyone sells them once they buy them!

jammer1

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Maple Hts.
State
Oh
X3, I also have the same flare tool. Can't beat it for good flares (multi style flares with that unit). Makes it pretty easy to do flares while on the vehicle also.

sdsupilot

CJ-8 Member
City
OKC
State
OK
I've used both mastercool and eastwood. I personally prefer the eastwood. The rotating head and mechanical action is quick and easy. I also like how the tool mounts in a vice, although the mastercool is easier to use on the vehicle.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I’m really wanting the Mastercool because it can make the fuel line quick release flare.

AK-RWC

Legacy Registered User
Gold Member
City
south central
State
AK
I've seen people have success by using one of the cheap tools, but rather than relying on the wing nuts to clamp it down, they instead stick it in a vice. I picked up a cheap one a couple years ago for one project where the line was still installed in the vehicle and couldn't do it that way, but it worked well enough for what I needed at the time.