What is this?

City
San Diego
State
CA
Hey guys,
I've got an easy one for you guys. I was checking out the location of a slow fuel leak I have when I noticed something odd underneath. One of the following photos is from the rear left corner of the Jeep, the other is the top left side of the gas tank. It looks to have been by-passed, and the tubes are now just hanging out of the gas tank... What is this? Should it be reconnected, or disconnected?
Thanks for any info.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
That is your rollover check valve. Yes, it should be hooked up unless your gas tank has been swapped out for the plastic 20 gallon tank. It has the check valves in the top of it.

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Chances are the lower of the two, the roll-over valve, is toast. It's predominantly thin steel, so rusts out rather quickly back there. You can pick up a new one from the Delorean Motor Company, one that's predominantly plastic and aluminum.

The upper one (liquid check valve) probably needs a good cleaning and maybe a new O-ring. I've heard there are replacement O-rings out there, but there is no direct replacement for the unit as a whole.

There are diagrams all over CJForum, etc., that show how to properly connect them and the rest of your emissions system based on the carb you are currently running :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
The second photo shows the (or one of the) sources of you fuel leak. You need to get those hoses connected properly.

Last edited:

gaducker

Legacy Registered User
City
Newnan
State
ga
Chances are the lower of the two, the roll-over valve, is toast. It's predominantly thin steel, so rusts out rather quickly back there. You can pick up a new one from the Delorean Motor Company, one that's predominantly plastic and aluminum.

The upper one (liquid check valve) probably needs a good cleaning and maybe a new O-ring. I've heard there are replacement O-rings out there, but there is no direct replacement for the unit as a whole.

There are diagrams all over CJForum, etc., that show how to properly connect them and the rest of your emissions system based on the carb you are currently running :thumbsup:
you got a link to the roll over at delorean motor company?