• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What would be your choice for a throw out bearing?

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Mine has a little over a thousand miles on it and it's shrieking like nobody business. I'm leaning towards NAPA and would hope some of you would chime in with your experiences. Also, if there's a Timken p/n any of you all have that would greatly help and be appreciated.
It's for a T-176.
Thx for the input

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I'm pretty sure the one I was using came with the LuK clutch. Really odd that yours would be going bad after 1000 miles, makes me wonder if there wasn't something else going on in there - poor install, lots of oil, something wrong with the input shaft collar, etc.

Kane

CJ-8 Member
City
Berlin
State
ct
If the throw out bearing level is adjusted too tight then the bearing itself would spin all the time and burn it up pretty quickly. There needs to be som play in the lever and the return spring properly installed.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
City
W-S
State
NC
I called NAPA and they brought one in from the DC. My man there opened up the box and “Made in USA” was printed on the bearing. I’m not going to assume that it’s a Timken but at least it didn’t say Hecho in China.
Good information on the linkage adjustments and pressure. I’ll take not of it’s adjustment during removal.