What's on your Work Bench?

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Never thought to take a before picture, but picked these up today and commenced to cleaning as soon as I got home. So these are the after the work bench, clean rims. One thing I did notice was the thick plastic like film on the back. Is this normal ??

IMG_0026.JPG IMG_0027.JPG

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Not sure if I should remove the rest of it, as some has started to flake a bit. But guess I will leave it alone for now. Not being driven in the snow ever again !

masscj2a

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
You must have missed them on Craigslist. Not selling. Took too long to find them. Unless you have a rust free tub for me.

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Made an inexpensive mount for CO2 tank bracket

Got tired of the bungee cord mount for my CO2 tank, so decided to get something more sturdy.
Started with a Powertank bracket that a friend no longer needed. I wanted to attach this to my roll-bar in the bed of the Jeep. Sounds simple but, the problem I encountered is that all the mounts I could find were for 2.25" roll bars or smaller (not to mention most of them were fancy billet aluminum costing $25-50 each). Scramblers have a 3" bar and I could not find a mount made for that anywhere unless I had some special made ($80 each). Also the bracket did not have holes spaced for a 3" bar so I'd need to modify that a little.

After thinking about it for a while I came on the idea of using some exhaust clamps to attach the bracket to the roll-bar.

Two 3" clamps @ 3.50 each (they come in a lot of sizes if you are trying to fit a different diameter bar)
3 inch exhaust clamp.jpg

A little paint to keep the rust away
Painted.jpg

Adjusted hole spacing in the bracket to fit the 3" u-bolts)
Bracket Drilled For 3 inch u-bolt.jpg

Trimmed the u-bolts to desired length (if left full length, they'd hit the tank)
Bracket Mounted.jpg

Final install works great
Final Setup.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Been very busy buying/stripping some junk Jeeps, but was able to drop off a few sets of parts to the powdercoater and they came back.
A couple sets I am keeping, some will be selling, but with so much rust/dirt/etc on them it was easier to have them blast and coat them.
Like everything, a couple of them have some pitting, but once mounted, you won't notice on the side steps.

The bumpers and rocker trim came out very nice. 20180802_185345_resized.jpg 20180802_185553_resized.jpg

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Nope, I got those a year or so back off eBay... can't remember from who, but it was ok pricewise but still a little high.
My place was to keep these and sell the others, so I only bought 2 sets.

cb