certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Was on the bench, now waiting for some plate steel to plate the top/bottom of the trailer to get the receiver hitch welded on.
I am tired of pulling/pushing Jeeps on to the trailer, time to save the knees and back...

20201023_180617_resized.jpg

20201023_180624_resized.jpg

The idea was a cradled design to be removable and have the receiver hitch permanent on the trailer... just slap it in and then hook up a battery.

Right now it is in the cradle and all bolted together and wired up and ready to go, but I have to get a couple pieces of steel first so I can sandwich the trailer boards (and weld to the front) so that way I can weld to the receiver plate.

I have it all worked out in my mind, these are just teaser pics until I get the other metal.

More to come, hopefully next weekend this will be wrapped up.

cb

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
We did that to my brothers trailer years ago. SO much easier than comealongs. XD9000i on a cradle. Just bolted a step bumper receiver mount to the front of the trailer. His had a flat plate on the front that was plenty thick enough that we didn't need a plate underneath also(not that that a bad idea).

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Its probably overkill, but I have never been known to do things half way... with the plating and how the wood planks are under the steel that will ultimately be welded to, this is just to give me piece of mind and only takes a few bucks more and a little time.

cb

Rosco1974

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Haven
State
UT
We did that to my brothers trailer years ago. SO much easier than comealongs. XD9000i on a cradle. Just bolted a step bumper receiver mount to the front of the trailer. His had a flat plate on the front that was plenty thick enough that we didn't need a plate underneath also(not that that a bad idea).
Same.

20190912_192945.jpg

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
One step up is 2 winches. Buddy put 2 on his 30’ haul trailer. One on each corner of the front. That way, when he loads shipping containers on it, he can steer the container by pulling more on one side than the other. Makes it simple to load things that refuse to roll.

mhinchliffe

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
W-S
State
NC
Our daughter turned 13 recently and I always make a small gift for them. This was cut from a piece of 1/2" maple on the scroll saw. Teenagers are living in the house now! IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3959.jpg

Not exactly the workbench but a gang box at the plant. That's "Fast Eddie" in the background. Stuff like this draws a crowd on breaks.
I'll have to get a finished pic to put up, I sprayed it with satin polyurethane.