• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What's on your Work Bench?

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Nice work on the seat. I dont know how you can follow a good IPA with a bud light tho.. I just dont get it :) :)

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Probably made by autointeriorkits in CA but on Ebay. The sides on the backs don't come down quite far enough to meet the bottom cushion and so the little flaps that stand up on the bottom like to pop out when you sit on the seat. Either the flaps need to be taller or the sides of the backs need to be longer. Other than that, they are nice covers for the money.

Wasn't there another company that made Laredo covers pretty close to the originals... I would love to see how those compared to these... as these are nice, but when compared to the originals they are off a little here and a little there... I am just doing this for some experience as I had never done it and I wanted to learn a bit more about it.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I got the first one done and moved onto the next one...

20201106_181447_resized.jpg

20201106_181456_resized.jpg

20201106_191435_resized.jpg

I think they are pretty nice covers... a little more sun time today to hopefully get some of the wrinkles out, or as my mother chimed in... "use a hair dryer"... so we will see.

I do know now that having the right tool for the job made the 2nd cover coming off a LOT easier.

I got it done in probably under an hour... which is amazing compared to the days it took me with the other one.

I got this far last night on the 2nd one.

20201106_191236_resized.jpg

I already sent @jerseyjeeps this picture so he knows I had the BL before the Sip of Sunshine :)

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Finished up the seats and removed some other covers that had rips and tears and will sell for material.
Eventually these will be recovered as well when I have some time.
It was a pretty good learning experience I have to say, although I give credit to the upholstery people out there, my hands are a little sore today.

20201107_115456_resized.jpg

20201107_115506_resized.jpg

20201107_171050_resized.jpg

I was able to remove the 2 sets of covers in probably an hour each, probably less (wasn't timing), now that I have the tools and a bit more knowledge.

I used to just cut them off for the material, but keeping them all together for someone else to decide what to do with is a lot better.

cb

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Excellent job! That's about as good as those covers get. So much better than the slide-over-the-upholstery covers.

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Excellent job! That's about as good as those covers get. So much better than the slide-over-the-upholstery covers.

Thanks... they fit pretty good... the material is different, but if you weren't going to for restoration quality perfection, these are certainly affordable enough it seems and go on pretty easy with the right tools.

cb

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I searched for a "tool that saved tons of time/energy" or "a tool that was re-imagined" and I didn't find any threads.

I have to say that I was skeptical on the "engine sling", but I moved 2 engines yesterday and having it bolted up and being able to level it... I see this a very new useful tool in the arsenal.

Not quite as useful/powerful as the 1/2" brushless impact, but very useful for the engine side of things... no more chains across the engine and having it not be level/crooked... especially when trying to mount it to an engine stand.

20201122_141644_resized.jpg

20201122_151314_resized.jpg

I know it isn't a "workbench" picture and I don't like it when I am not following the thread title, but I figured I would share... for the price, this was very useful... and non-scientific feel... just safer with the 4 points mounting instead of 2.

cb

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I searched for a "tool that saved tons of time/energy" or "a tool that was re-imagined" and I didn't find any threads.

I have to say that I was skeptical on the "engine sling", but I moved 2 engines yesterday and having it bolted up and being able to level it... I see this a very new useful tool in the arsenal.

Not quite as useful/powerful as the 1/2" brushless impact, but very useful for the engine side of things... no more chains across the engine and having it not be level/crooked... especially when trying to mount it to an engine stand.

View attachment 89199

View attachment 89200

I know it isn't a "workbench" picture and I don't like it when I am not following the thread title, but I figured I would share... for the price, this was very useful... and non-scientific feel... just safer with the 4 points mounting instead of 2.

cb
I have a similar device- hooks to the engine with 4 chains, and has a threaded rod that you can turn to move the center hanging point front and back. Works amazing for installing engines and transmissions that are bolted together.

Oakley

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Cumming
State
GA
Not sure if it qualifies as a workbench project or not
But I Just spent 18 hours 12 Friday and another 6 today washing and waxing my tow rig. I should have went and got me a new buffer forgot how hard wax on wax off sucks. But I think it’s turning out good.
40E771C3-2EE9-44D0-B8AA-C6965923828E.jpeg
did other side yesterday
E3AC8315-EE95-41A0-B88E-3953EA09927A.jpegE3AC8315-EE95-41A0-B88E-3953EA09927A.jpeg

jbeemer

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Conklin
State
MI
Not sure about workbench here either.............

but it's in the shop :smokin:

We picked up a 20 HP, 4x4, front and rear diff lock, golf cart to help around the farm.

20201128_120535.jpg20201128_120618.jpg

Attachments

• 20201128_070408.jpg
    20201128_070408.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201128_070418.jpg
    20201128_070418.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 20201128_120618.jpg
    20201128_120618.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 8

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Not sure about workbench here either.............

but it's in the shop :smokin:

We picked up a 20 HP, 4x4, front and rear diff lock, golf cart to help around the farm.

View attachment 89335View attachment 89338

That a Club Car? My neighbor's widow has one she wants to sell. It's 2wd. I don't have any use for it, but she asked me what it's worth, and asked if I knew anyone who would buy it.

jbeemer

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Conklin
State
MI
That a Club Car? My neighbor's widow has one she wants to sell. It's 2wd. I don't have any use for it, but she asked me what it's worth, and asked if I knew anyone who would buy it.
It's a club car....... not many of the 4x4's around......so they're pricey. And there's lots of 2wd drive. The prices are all over depending on location, options, age, etc....