• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Where can I get replacement Jounce Bumpers?

Zppy

City
Navarre
State
Fl
So Crawling under, I have noticed bumpers and mounts are looking their age, Engine mounts look dry rotted and Jounce bumpers are split and broken. Does anyone know where to find replacements, I did a search (google pretty long) no luck, maybe they are named something different than what the Manual calls them. Any help/direction would be appreciated.
Dave
P.S. What would cause the left front fender to sit 3/4 of an inch lower than the right besides Leaf springs?

SeeJayAte

CJ-8 Member
City
Greenfield
State
In
Welcome to the forum!
Engine mounts-MORE (Mountain Off-Road Enterprises) The best!
Jounce Bumpers-commonly called Bump Stops- Energy Suspension, Prothane and others. The height of the bumper depends on how much spring lift you have. The bump stop for a stock suspension will be shorter than one used on a 4-5" lift spring.
The "lean" of your fender may be caused by several things-weak or damaged springs, shackles or shackle bushings(could also be dry-rotted) or even misaligned body components. Check everything thoroughly that may contribute to the lean problem. Hope this helps.

Zppy

City
Navarre
State
Fl
Hey Thank you for the advice, the 8 is new to me, just getting small stuff now. It has a Skyjacker 4 inch Spring set the spring at the connection point near the Shackle/bushing has a downward bend, not sure if they are bent or manufactured that way.
Dave

Attachments

• Shackle.jpg
    Shackle.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 19

SeeJayAte

CJ-8 Member
City
Greenfield
State
In
Are both sides that way? I'm not familiar with skyjacker springs but is does seem a bit odd to me. What year is your 8? Take a look at the body mounts too, everything made of rubber or even polyurethane deteriorates over time. Springs sag with age and/or usage too. Spend some time underneath your Jeep with a good light to see how things are. Time well spent! Good luck.

Zppy

City
Navarre
State
Fl
Are both sides that way? I'm not familiar with skyjacker springs but is does seem a bit odd to me. What year is your 8? Take a look at the body mounts too, everything made of rubber or even polyurethane deteriorates over time. Springs sag with age and/or usage too. Spend some time underneath your Jeep with a good light to see how things are. Time well spent! Good luck.
Thanks, Sorry for delay, Life. No just the Drivers side, '82.

SeeJayAte

CJ-8 Member
City
Greenfield
State
In
Looks then like the spring is bent which accounts for the lean in the front. If you haven't already, figure out a comprehensive plan for your Jeep (how you plan to use it) before just replacing parts here and there. A new suspension may be in order rather than just replacing the spring that's bent. Time and budget will dictate what and when you make improvments. Good luck on your project.