Which lockout hubs for Stock wheels with center caps?

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
I've been searching for couple years to find a set of factory chrome 8" CJ wheels.
I bought a set of painted 8" and tried to get them chromed, but 3 different chrome shops couldn't get the chrome into the groove where wheel and center part are joined.

So after giving up on 8's and getting set of 5 of 7" ; I found some 8" as I needed the rim width for 33x12.50x15 BFG KM2 mud terrains.

Anyway, I want to run the factory center caps but they don't fit over my Warn hubs. (my Warn hubs are all black with a smallish looking dial).

Anyone know which hubs fit the factory center caps, or what CJ's came stock with? 5 bolt external mount hubs.

I've heard that AVM made some back in mid 80's with Red dials, that supposedly fit?

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Haven't seen any aftermarket hubs that will work with the factory centers. I have warn on one Jeep and superwinch on the other, and neither of those work. I did end up getting an older set of warn hubs that are chome, so I put those on the front and they look good with the factory rear center caps. Good luck finding a set now though.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
You looking for used factory Jeep hubs or what? I don't have any for sale, but I can keep an eye out if I know what you're looking for.

RandyLL

1 Long CJ
SOA Member
City
Highland
State
IL
I should have at least one good one. I just replaced mine recently. There wasn't anything wrong with them, but the mounting bolts came loose and one of them fell apart. It's probably missing some pieces now.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
Factory hubs or Warn M253

Either the factory that are 5 bolt 27 spline or the Warn M253.

I've got nearly new set of Black Warn hubs to trade, or I'll but outright.

red mistress

Red Jeep Collector
City
Piney woods
State
tx
AVM Hubs

wm69 said:
Haven't seen any aftermarket hubs that will work with the factory centers. I have warn on one Jeep and superwinch on the other, and neither of those work. I did end up getting an older set of warn hubs that are chome, so I put those on the front and they look good with the factory rear center caps. Good luck finding a set now though.

Just found out that the older AVM hubs when made from Ramsey would fit under the factory center caps.

They had Red dials :D and bronze body.

They may be 6 bolt external which in that case would have to swap out wheel hub for pre 80.

So guess I'll run the weak factory W253's until I find set of AVM's.