• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Which LS swap radiator

Boswellcj8

Basic User
City
Willis
State
Tx
Which radiator s everyone using for an LS swap with auto trans cooler built in? Novak suggest and external trans cooler but my OEM AC condenser doesn’t leave room for this option.

mchoward48

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Venice
State
FL
Which radiator s everyone using for an LS swap with auto trans cooler built in? Novak suggest and external trans cooler but my OEM AC condenser doesn’t leave room for this option.
Sort of related, I just bought the three core Chevy-swap Jeep CJ radiator from champion radiators. Price wasn’t too bad and it came with an electric fan (black Friday), and it has an internal trans cooler. That being said, I have no idea how it performs, as I’m still mid swap with my Toyota diesel. It fits in the stock location no trouble though.

Last edited:

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
I used a radiator that can in my conversion kit from Advanced Adapters. I also used a B+M stand alone automatic transmission cooler with it's own fan. I also installed the Vintage air,heat and defrost system.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I am using a BeCool dual pass. No trans cooler option.

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
I've run a couple of different options with the Hemi. The best setup ended up being a Ron Davis aluminum with an external trans cooler.