Who uses their Scrambler as a truck?

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
So like the title states......who uses their Scrambler as a truck? Doing truck stuff. Taking off the trash, picking up building materials, hauling stuff that you wife won't let you put in the family SUV. My current situation is that I have my wife's hand me down 2005 Four Runner as my every day vehicle. I sold my F250 to buy her a Tahoe when we had our second child. This left me truckless. The four runner is too nice to use as a truck and is not four wheel drive. That being said it still is a fantastic vehicle. However I am the kind of guy that needs a truck. My thoughts are to take the back seat out of the Scrambler and use it as a truck when needed and during the winter months throw the half cab back on and full doors. I will use the 7 as the cruiser with the family when wanting to ride with all of our hair in the wind. I am in the process of talking the missus into a Wagoneer for me to have as my family vehicle and she is not opposed to the idea especially with some of the pictures that I have shown her. So the end game will be to have the Scrambler as a truck, the 7 as a hair in the wind cruiser and the Wagoneer as the Sunday going to church vehicle since it will have heat and air all the cushy comforts of a modern SUV. I am fine with my jeeps being drivers but I have big plans for the Wagoneer to do a full resto mod. Luckily around here there are a plethora of them for pretty dang cheap. If you want post up some pics of Scramblers doing truck stuff.

Here is where I want to head with the Wagoneer......exterior
Sweet Wagoneer.jpg

Here is where I want to head with the Interior.....

City
White Rock
State
NM
I use mine all the time as a pick up, its much easier to use it than to clean the bed out and take off the shell on my Dodge 2500, or use the trailer... Doesnt have quite the capacity of the Dodge, but for odds and ends its fine

CJ7Pilot

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
I think Cattleman1977 has the best "pickup" photo I've seen yet:

cj8corn.jpg

An honorable mention would be this one I found on the internet:

cj8wood.jpg

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
I use mine as a truck to haul all our beer and surfboards to the beach. We have a lot of beer and surfboards ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471504851.914496.jpg

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I used it as a truck last night. Put a ton of crap in it to get ready for a trail ride up in PA this weekend.

barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
I used it as a truck last night. Put a ton of crap in it to get ready for a trail ride up in PA this weekend.
Where in Pa are you heading? Rausch Creek or AOAA? What event?

Sent from my SM-J320P

SCJeeper

Legacy Registered User
City
Pickens
State
SC
Thanks for all the picks fellas! I know that is what it was intended for. I think they look so cool with the half cab on them.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Thanks for all the picks fellas! I know that is what it was intended for. I think they look so cool with the half cab on them.
I agree , and to me, that's what we can call a "truck" here and for this thread, if gazzo doesn't shoot me. He is hauling beer and surfboards in a longer than usual CJ7 Overlander type thing sans top not very truck like :rotfl:

Ron84cj

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
West Bend
State
WI
I use mine all the time for odds and ends. But the bed is incredibly useless so you can only do so much. Why did amc only market them as a truck in th US? I would think that with a full top and a back seat people would've wanted them more than a cj7 because of the added room behind the seat. I sure as heck do. And the extra wheelbase is nicer on the freeway too.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Maybe thats was the idea for the future model but ran out of time. the overlander could of been next on the option list.

gazzo

AMC Jeep nutjob
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Fremantle
State
WA
[emoji106]🏽[emoji106]🏽[emoji106]🏽[emoji106]🏽[emoji106]🏽[emoji106]🏽
You are correct, I have something else to use as a truck ImageUploadedByTapatalk1471557764.196330.jpg
Yeah yeah I know, go away gary

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY

The best part is that its So easy to load. 25 bags of rock and some fancy plants. Still got people asking is that the new wrangler pickup that came out. 

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
I use the tan one as a "truck" all the time, pulling the Harbor Freight trailer around, clearing out land, works great :thumbsup: