• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Who wheels their Jeep, or just drives it or????

How do you use your Scrambler?

• I only drive mine on the street and just love owning a nice Scrambler

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • I drive mine on the street and wheel it off road.

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Mine is for offroad and is built to be driven hard.

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
I am curious as these Jeeps get older and more valuable who here actually still wheels their beloved Scrambler? Do you do a combo of street and off road, dedicated off road or strictly street? This poll is just for the Scramblers. If you own another Jeep for wheeling then just answer the poll on how you drive the Scrambler.

Scott_P

Legacy Registered User
CJ-8.com Member
I use my 8 for both...however most of my off-road is overland style getting to remote camping spots or simply exploring, two-tracking, etc.
If I had to guess street vs off-road is probably 80/20 due to driving it whenever and wherever I can IMG_0971.JPG !

wjtstudios

1985 CJ 8
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Mine mostly stays on the roads now, granted half the roads I drive are dirt and they might as well be considered off-roading. I hope to change that in the years to come.

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
I take mine off road when I can. Yet it is my daily driver. I am going to PA next weekend to wheel it at Rausch Creek Off Road Park.

Under construction at the moment but it will be very off road capable when done and far from a show piece with its rattle can paint job. I bought it from a native american man who told me it's name is "The War Pony"! I'm keeping that name for it under my stewardship.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
I've only owned mine a couple months but we enjoy driving the Jeep on road, many times with top & doors off. And we're looking forward to taking it offroad for many years to come. And that's why I bought it.

DirtyB

Crazy Cajun
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Did you tow that camper with the Jeep?
Yes. I have the 4.2 with the fuel injection system from a 1994 4.0. It's a tough haul. I can't get over 65 MPH, but I typically don't run over 60 when I'm towing anyway. Camper was 3500 lbs fully loaded.

masscj2a

Rebuilding America's Jeep
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
Mine is more on the farm as a working truck right now. Its hauls wood, pulls out logs into the field to be cut, hauls tools, chainsaws etc. Frame is too bad for the street, but working on that.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
Should be an option for “Drive it thousands of miles to wheel and back”

Slightly different than simply on/off road driving :thumbsup:

Drove out to the national Scramble in SD without windows or doors.
ED98847C-638A-4737-A757-D816A092F9B5.jpeg

Crashed in the passenger seat for the night under a Jeep Jacket for a tent at the Wall Drug exit.
4DD07A65-A7CD-4C23-BFA3-CD47E04F885D.jpeg

Had to recreate this photo form the trip home after buying the Jeep in Alaska, on the way home to NC.
96357DE8-AD9E-466E-9DA6-449927DD533A.jpeg

Someone was in the spot until after sunset, so I got this one just in front of it and then another after they left at night.
70CCC9B9-F8EB-4553-B104-3B70FE5A26A4.jpeg

And did some great wheeling during the National.
D5E8C2E6-ACB4-4AE5-9A1F-0F8F08977ED6.jpeg
Did get caught in a storm at 2 AM in SW MI on the way home. Took a nap sitting in a DIY car wash stall while it passed and drove on home after. :smokin:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
Drive to Silver Lake and back is pretty much all I have asked it to do the last couple years other than around town a couple times. Still need to get the rear D44 swapped in and regeared. Maybe some day....

Kane

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
Should be an option for “Drive it thousands of miles to wheel and back”

Slightly different than simply on/off road driving :thumbsup:

Drove out to the national Scramble in SD without windows or doors.
View attachment 65236

Crashed in the passenger seat for the night under a Jeep Jacket for a tent at the Wall Drug exit.
View attachment 65237

Had to recreate this photo form the trip home after buying the Jeep in Alaska, on the way home to NC.
View attachment 65238

Someone was in the spot until after sunset, so I got this one just in front of it and then another after they left at night.
View attachment 65239

And did some great wheeling during the National.
View attachment 65240
Did get caught in a storm at 2 AM in SW MI on the way home. Took a nap sitting in a DIY car wash stall while it passed and drove on home after. :smokin:

Why is your back license plate totally different than you front?

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
Why is your back license plate totally different than you front?
Michigan doesn't do front plates and they don't give a crap what you have on the front, so that's the Alaska plate that was on it when I got it.

jbeemer

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
I drive mine on the street all the time. Back and fourth to the dunes, and in the dunes. Usually if I'm going to a park or far from home I trailer it so I can bring spares and gear. Which gives me much less worry in how I abuse it. :headbang: