Will this soft top fit?

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
I am looking at the Bestop soft top for my Scrambler, but I have an interior cage and want to know if anyone has interior shots of their soft top rails so I can see if I'll have room for mine to fit past the cage.

This is the top I'm considering: Supertop With Tinted Windows, No Doors By Bestop (good price too, I think. If not tell me where to find a better deal, please).

Here is the cage in my Scrambler:

Can anyone tell me if they think my bars will be in the way of the soft top bows?

Thanx,

B

cobound@hotmail.com

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
Update...got a great deal and just installed it:

Tight fit!

I have a few more things I have to do, including installing a rear seat, to get it ready for Moab come March....but I'm one step closer now :evil:

B

mkzmomo

Legacy Registered User
City
drummondville
State
qc
got the same top last summer ! I love the look with tinted windows, nice Scrambler you've got there

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
Thanx guys. I'm putting a set of 37x13.5 Pitbull Rockers on it this weekend :evil:

I got the top from Morris 4x4 Center: http://www.jeep4x4center.com

I got it on Cyber Monday in November and another 10% discount becuase I was a member of http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/ (Thanks to PetesCJ-8)

I got it for around $620 shipped, pretty good deal if you ask me!

Right now they are listed at $718 with an instant discount taking it to $640...still at a decent price even after Cyber Monday!!

Thanx again...I'll have to update the board as things progress.

See you in Moab: March 27 - April 4, 2010

B

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
what are you gonna do with the out law wheels? interested in selling the?
Gonna keep them...I drive this pretty regularly on the highway and don't want to be tearing up my Pitbulls, the ATs will stay on them during the cruisin portion of my summer.

B

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
Glad to see you got a good deal. I hope I can get close to that price later this Spring. :)
I can't remember where I found it first for them to match and beat...but the $640 is still a great deal, and I think they'll give you 10% off for being a board member too.

I was really happy w/ the quality and fit of everything (the door bows were a bit tight at first tho). I wish it had roll up side windows but I don't see any straps to hold them up, we'll see what I can come up w/ so I don't have to remove the window fully if I just want the sides open. Or maybe I just didn't look hard enough :shrug:

I'm off to get the seats and tires on, good day.

B

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
Thanx, I'm the buyer. I've been tweaking it since I got it...to fit my needs.

I've wanted one for years, been through a ton of TJ's and XJ's (and others) but this is my first 8.

Got the meats on, Sat was an eventful day...my 4 yo son helped out w/ the 96 beadlock bolts and the lugs :D

Got my rear seat in too, as well as the Tuffy box back there...on to the full circle clips and I'm ready for Moab :smokin:

BOBCAT

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Louisville
State
Ky
Bestops are now made in Mexico. They just recently closed their shop in the US to reopen it in Mexico to save on labor cost but raised the price on the top and did away with several hundred US citizens jobs in the process.

My 2 cents

Don

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
Bestops are now made in Mexico. They just recently closed their shop in the US to reopen it in Mexico to save on labor cost but raised the price on the top and did away with several hundred US citizens jobs in the process.

My 2 cents

Don
You are correct, I believe they finalized their move in Jan of this year. Unfortunate as it is this was the top I wanted, and there are limited choices for this vehicle.

I try to purchase as much as I can from the US, but since so much is being shipped to foriegn countries it's hard to do.

I drive a Chevy Suburban, built by my uncles in Janesville, WI when the plant was there...my wife drives a new Jeep built in Toledo, OH, and the majority of my parts come from US manufacturers...when I can get them from US manufacturers.

I do what I can, as I'm sure others on here are doing too.

My .02,

B

City
White Rock
State
NM
I'll be getting to Moab on Sunday the 28th as will some others, I hope we can connect. Where are you staying?

Jeep looks great!!

Cobound

Legacy Registered User
City
Twin Cities
State
MN
I'll be getting to Moab on Sunday the 28th as will some others, I hope we can connect. Where are you staying?

Jeep looks great!!
Thanks.

Definitely look forward to hookin up w/ peeps out there. I have a group of guys I've been wheelin w/ for the past 10 years between CO and Moab and always looking to meet more like minded guys.

We're stayin at Canyonlands RV right in downtown. We got a cabin this year, screw dealin w/ all the nasty weather in a tent again :banghead:

Anyone interested in getting together can PM me their contact info and I'll pass mine along as well.

We'll be there from March 27 - April 3. See you out there,

B

City
White Rock
State
NM
I'll PM you my cell number, CJATE, IBScramblin and I from this board will be there as far as I know from Sunday to Sunday, Not 100% sure about Ken (ibscramblin) but Tim and I will be for sure.