• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Willwood brake master cylinder pushrod eye size

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
I picked up this power brake kit and it's mounted up well so far, the only thing I ran into is that the ID of the hole on the push rod is about 1/8 inch larger than the diameter of the post on the brake pedal. Has anyone run into this, solved for this, or have any ideas for how I can or should fill that void? I was thinking maybe a metal (or rubber) sleeve of some sort but this is new to me so I want to make sure I do this right especially considering it's the brakes.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I picked up this power brake kit and it's mounted up well so far, the only thing I ran into is that the ID of the hole on the push rod is about 1/8 inch larger than the diameter of the post on the brake pedal. Has anyone run into this, solved for this, or have any ideas for how I can or should fill that void? I was thinking maybe a metal (or rubber) sleeve of some sort but this is new to me so I want to make sure I do this right especially considering it's the brakes.
In some of the better stocked hardware stores they sell nylon bushings. That would probably be the best solution.

Chamba

Not obsessed: focused.
SOA Member
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
I took a 3/8" metal dowel about 1 1/3" long and sanded it down enough to slide into the master cylinder easily. I bevelled the end facing the pedal push rod with 1/4" drill bit just to make sure the rod centred correctly. This also gave me the length I needed to be able to adjust it correctly.

Sorry I haven't got any pictures of it (same reason I never did a build thread.... I'm technologically lazy) but I hope my description helps.

jc_chandler

City
Denver
State
CO
Thanks guys, makes sense all around and it's good knowing that approach is acceptable. I'm going to swing by Ace later to see what they have that might work.