Wire identification game.

jsteed

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Second mystery wire... this one appears to be spliced into the aftermarket stereo but appears original. Guessing it was for a factory speaker?? 4-5 volts from both sides!

Attachments

jsteed

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Third mystery wire... this orangish wire has 12v in acc with lights on or off... voltage drops VERY slowly when acc turned off. Goes into what's left of factory harness about mid firewall. Factory looking connector.

Attachments

City
Bridgman
State
MI
I looked under my dash and I found an 2 orange wires going fuse box labeled park and a yellow to radio. Nothing was hanging and nothing with those ends. IMG_20200519_145555.jpg IMG_20200519_145555.jpg IMG_20200519_145601.jpg

City
Bridgman
State
MI
Third mystery wire... this orangish wire has 12v in acc with lights on or off... voltage drops VERY slowly when acc turned off. Goes into what's left of factory harness about mid firewall. Factory looking connector.
I thought I was going to be able to help you real fast but I do not see any of those. for what I can see the orange wires look like they go to light sockets the yellow wire that was taped to an orange wire on mine went to the volt meter but was a larger gauge wire. Do you have the heater core out?

jsteed

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Negative on heater core out. Also considered cigarette lighter? Appreciate input, I will check and see if i have that plug like yours with the orange and yellow wires... i bet that's where it goes and it was hacked at some point for stereo wiring.

jsteed

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Seattle
State
WA
Could be to cigarette lighter then. Good ol' AMC... maybe I need a fire extinguisher too.