• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

wood side rail info needed

mkzmomo

Legacy Registered User
City
drummondville
State
qc
I want to build my self some wood side rails for my project and I nee some info. I've been seaching around here through the "seach" option and in the Factory section but can seem to found the post there too ?

I would like to know the overall dimension?
What wood did you use ?

if you guys have any pictures of what you did you could send me some here :
saucretiz@hotmail.com

thanks
Mike

RedRaider43

Legacy Registered User
City
San Antonio
State
TX
Buy the ones on this site. They fit my Scrambler perfect and they look great. Unless you have access to a wood shop it is going to be hard to match the boards. Trust me I tried. I want to say they were like $175 door to door. All I had to do was seal them and buy the hardware to install them. (Available at any local hardware store) I would use Stainless Hardware.

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
Do you have the username who sells the wood rails? I checked the store here and it is "down".

Joe

Joe West

Arizona Virtual Jeep Club
Lifetime Member
City
Laurinburg
State
NC
I would definitely like to take a look at them and perhaps find someone to copy them (I am completely talentless when it comes to wood <grin>). Do you have the mounting bolts and everything? I'd love to duplicate whatever setup you have.

Shoot me an email to jfw@asu.edu and I'll swing down and pick them up. I have a bunch of Scrambler stuff laying around now... let me know if you need anything.

Joe

Hey Joe- I have a set of the wood side rails if you want to copy them-

mkzmomo

Legacy Registered User
City
drummondville
State
qc
I do have access to my dad's workshop... He's the man when it comes to wooden project.

all I need is the lenght, hight and a full close up picture of the side boards

yellow_dolphin

Legacy Registered User
City
Melbourne
State
fl
Wood side rails

If memory serves me right, I believe there used to be a post here that had all the dimensions of the side wood rails.:shrug:

If not do a google search.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Here are some pics of my side rails-
They are 58 1/2" X 5 1/2"

DSCN1615-1.jpg

DSCN1616-1.jpg

DSCN1618-1.jpg

DSCN1614-1.jpg

Does that help any?

mkzmomo

Legacy Registered User
City
drummondville
State
qc
that's perfect mysunshine, thanks alot for the pics

I did found an old thread with the router bit dimensions

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Post a link to that thread so it'll be a little easier for somebody else to find the informantion-

MarknessMonster

Amiable Jeeper
City
Western
State
CO
What wood did you use?

White oak is the wood species that was originally used by AMC. This is not to be confused with Red oak, as white oak is better used for exterior applications. White oak is less resistant to rot than Red oak.

campbc02

City
Henderson
State
NV
Buy the ones on this site. They fit my Scrambler perfect and they look great. Unless you have access to a wood shop it is going to be hard to match the boards. Trust me I tried. I want to say they were like $175 door to door. All I had to do was seal them and buy the hardware to install them. (Available at any local hardware store) I would use Stainless Hardware.
I am looking for someone selling side rails do you have a site?

rubclt

BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Not sure if he has any left, but on FB see Jeremy Tepper https://m.facebook.com/groups/6216065561/permalink/10165359125200562/

For hardware

Good luck…