Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and encouragement these last six years. Without you all and your stories and insight and sharing I would not be a happy new CJ-8 owner today.

I'd list you all but I'd for sure forget someone. Thanks to you all and I cannot wait to share my own build experiences as well.

I would also like to thank two people that are not forum members but that played a huge part in this. Shane from Reno4X4.com and Chris from Sierra4X4Trailers.com.
I contacted Shane on the Reno4x4 board (a great suggestion from CJ-8 member RollBar) and he was kind enough to meet with the owner and take it for a test drive and provide me with 54 huge pictures as well as his own impression of the vehicle.
Chris is the owner of Sierra4x4Trailers.com and was kind enough to serve as the location that the sale took place as well as storing the Jeep until a transport company can come pick it up and get it to Rock Hill, SC. Without thier time and generosity, I would not be the happy owner I am today. Thanks guys!

btw...from what I can tell, Sierra4x4 trailers are GREAT and you can even get a tent for the top! I'll give Lukas a few more years before we get one, but what a great way to camp.

Now, just a few more weeks and it will actually be here off the truck. Poor thing has to travel on a trailer from the nice dry West to the damp South East. Gives me a few weeks to get some shelter for it!

Thanks ya'll !!! Jeff

Specs:
350 V8, 3 speed auto, Dana 300, SSBC 4 wheel disk brakes, Summers Bros axle upgrades, Skyjacker lift, teensy amount of rust in the front passenger side fender and a-pillar support piece, half cab, hard doors, full length soft top, 31x10.5x15.

Last edited:

gr8dain

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Congrats! My wife supported me in my quest for an 8 a year or so ago. She probably regrets it now, but oh well. Too late.

I can't wait to see more pics after you get it.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Congrats! I know you've waited a long time and looked at a lot of Scramblers. I'm sure your time and effort will be well worth it! Can't wait to follow the build! :woot:

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
I contacted Shane on the Reno4x4 board (a great suggestion from CJ-8 member RollBar) and he was kind enough to meet with the owner and take it for a test drive and provide me with 54 huge pictures as well as his own impression of the vehicle......
Now, just a few more weeks and it will actually be here off the truck. ..... Gives me a few weeks to get some shelter for it!

Thanks ya'll !!! Jeff
We can't wait, how about sharing some of those 54 pics. :D

Congrats.:woot:

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Looks to be dark brown or black under that original paint. Gonna get cramped legs sitting in the rear seat like that though...

Nice score

:cheers:

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Yep, was originally black. Will need paint eventually. The seat was just laying there :)

Sent by way of pigeon.

timothy

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
baltimore
State
oh
Congratulations with your find. It appears to be a great start with whatever direction you go with it. Does the highlift jack come with it? Nice bonus if it does. Just curious, how did you locate this jewel?

hefavitzen

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
SOA Member
City
Rock Hill
State
SC
Congratulations with your find. It appears to be a great start with whatever direction you go with it. Does the highlift jack come with it? Nice bonus if it does. Just curious, how did you locate this jewel?
Yes, the Hi-lift did come with it. The previous owner said he bought the Hi-lift, mounted it and has never had to take it down.

Well, I did lots of searching on Craigslist and Ebay and asked lots of sellers lots of questions and looked at lots of pictures and even went to see a few that were close by. Over the course of a year and a half of active looking I got a pretty good idea of what a rust-free CJ-8 would cost me and where to find it. Lots of people on this site were kind enough to provide answers to my questions and give me thier opinions on what to look for, what cost too much and should be avoided and where to find what I was looking for. It also helped I had a picture in my head of what I wanted.

So, I ended up with a profile of a particular vehicle: non-rusty, V8 having, pretty standard CJ-8. I didn't care if it was OEM as that isn't valuable to me, but I did want it simple. I know I can do mechanical work all day but body work is not my area so I chose to avoid it if at all possible. So, I ended up with a 1 owner CJ-8 with a V8 out of the high desert of Nevada.

As far as a search tool, I used www.SearchTempest.com almost exclusively. Ebay CJ-8's are too rich for my blood. There is a CJ-8 in Kentucky and another in PA that were so tempting I could hardly stand it, but in the end I chose to stick with my profile.

Hope that helps, Jeff