• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

World Cab Parts

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Due the the recent eBay auction and discussions about parts that may or may not be included with that top I am starting this to help anybody that may be assembling a world Cab.

The below picture is of the trim pieces that I received with my Postal World Cab.

31CE0DDC-214D-4881-8761-6F41D1FC5522.jpeg

The piece at the bottom is for the barn door header/closure.

The 2 pieces on the left appear to be the same part and is the left door header/ closure. The part just to the right of that is the inner reinforcement.

The 2 pieces on the right are the same as the left, but for the right side. Same goes for the reinforcement.

The piece second to the bottom (I assume) is the reinforcement for the barn door header.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Note that these do not show the headliner trim strip. This is a piece of galvanized sheet metal with a textured black vinyl tape applied with a half circle rolled in one edge. This is screwed to the door header and is easily removed/replaced.

Last edited:

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
CJ7Pilot posted these diagrams in the eBay thread.

B4658168-0AA4-4904-8ABC-DEC7FAE6C539.png

045C7549-02D3-406F-AA3D-143AF255FCED.png

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
In my first photo the rear part number 28 is what I am calling the header. Part number 14 or 15 is what I call the reinforcement. I don’t have 2 parts (14 & 15) unless 28 is both parts combined and 14 & 15 is each individually. I will need an expert to chim in and clarify this, or if I ever pull the top on the Overlander I may see the complete system there.

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
In the second diagram, part 2 & 4 appears to be the striker bracket reinforcement. I don’t have this part for my Postal World Cab, and it is not on the Overlander World Cab. The Overlander is an ‘83, so that might be a production change and added after they saw more reinforcement was needed in that location. I assume that plate would mount under the tub and sandwich the body panels, but :shrug:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
View attachment 73466

The 2 pieces on the left appear to be the same part and is the left door header/ closure. The part just to the right of that is the inner reinforcement.

The 2 pieces on the right are the same as the left, but for the right side. Same goes for the reinforcement.

Yeah, you have duplicates of both of the upper side door trim pieces that form the top of the side door jambs. The two you mention are the same on the left and then again on the right. You only need one of each side.

"Reinforcement" isn't really a good way to describe those other pieces IMO because they're integral to how the trim pieces mount. They have slots that secure the outside edge of the trim piece. Without those, there's nothing holding one side of the trim piece in place. I see that the parts list calls them "Inner/Outer Headers" and that's a bit confusing too :shrug:

Here's a photo I took to show this for the side door upper trim assemblies. You can see how the outside edge of the trim panel (#2) slots into what I call the "mounting plate" that's screwed into the top (#1).
IMG_1556-2.jpg

ag4ever

Average Nut
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
I agree, I think it acts as a structural reinforcement and as the remaining closure support mount doo-hickey.

Do you happen to have the reinforcement plates shown for the door brackets in the diagram? I am curious if this was something added at one point or if it was deleted due to cost/necessity.

Last edited:

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Do you happen to have the reinforcement plates shown for the door brackets in the diagram? I am curious if this was something added at one point or if it was deleted due to cost/necessity.

I am 99.9% certain I do not have those. I’ll try to remember to check for sure when I’m home and have a second to crawl underneath.

Mancunian

Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bridgeport
State
WV
I don't have 2 or 4 on my postal, it's an 84 I'm guessing they mount underneath by the looks.