Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I have a shell of a Scrambler World Cab Top, doors and a rear barn door located in Baton Rouge, La. $2,500 OBO.

I thought I had a top picture so I’ll have to snap one
It’s the two side panels, roof, both front doors and the barn door. Barn door has glass.

If interested PM me and I’ll get you better pictures. It’s currently stored in a warehouse but I can get it out for photos if needed. If not, it stays in the warehouse.

Now 2,000 obo

Attachments

Last edited:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
I am interested in an extra rear door if you have one. Also any rear tire carriers?

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Hinges are still on the barn door. Mounting hardware would be just regular bolts. No side glass or pop out window hardware on this top. Rear barn door has glass and rare tire carrier. Side glass and seals can be added by a glass company.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Hinges are still on the barn door. Mounting hardware would be just regular bolts. No side glass or pop out window hardware on this top. Rear barn door has glass and rare tire carrier. Side glass and seals can be added by a glass company.
The glass companies can't make curved glass. I've seen it done with flat glass tho that sticks out a little if you aren't too picky.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
The glass companies can't make curved glass. I've seen it done with flat glass tho that sticks out a little if you aren't too picky.
Isn't the side glass all flat? Fairly certain the vent windows are flat, but not 100% positive on the larger windows. (Barn door glass is definitely curved)

The hinges and latches for the vent windows could be adapted from a late model truck or minivan or van that had pop-out windows. They won't be 100% correct, but could be made to work and look correct.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
They aren't flat for the same reason CJ7 side glass isn't flat. Reference Jsherbs top threads for additional reference. They can be put in flat, they just will stick out a bit .

Do you have these to go along with the top also ? This is a complete top hardware kit thanks to BigWalton's excellent writeup on his top uninstall/reinstall post. There are many channels that would need to be fabbed / sourced if not. Also FYI the rolled pieces are rubber are isolators that go between the bolted panels. IMG_9462.JPG

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I’ve seen people add windows to the side of postal tops so I assumed it can be done for this one too.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I’ll have to pull this top outside to show everything included. A lot of those pieces and parts are still attached.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Reference Jsherbs top threads for additional reference. They can be put in flat, they just will stick out a bit.

This is a complete top hardware kit thanks to BigWalton's excellent writeup on his top uninstall/reinstall post.
Due to various reasons, Jsherb & BW's posts do not have the all too important photos and all you get is the description. While the descriptions are great, pictures are worth a 1,000 words. Unless you know of some threads I have not found via all my searching.

I have my postal top in storage, but can rummage thru the boxes of parts if anybody needs photos of them. Might take a bit of time to get by there and get the part where I can photo it though.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
With all the ingenious members on this forum I’m sure there’s someone who can make the stop work for their application.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Great, so now the square door glass is rare, the barn door glass is rare, and also the side glass in the top? Makes driving the thing feel like you are in a faberge egg. o_O

Still a way cool top and unique.
Yeah its the most unique, best looking and functional top ever made for a scrambler yet they never sold it in the US market...how bout that. so those two things combined, well, ...Jeep Addict has a very rare and awesome looking and functional top...hence the $ it will fetch.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Went and looked at the overlander, and sure enough, the glass has about 1/2” curvature in it from top to bottom.

But, I’ll bet you could pull the divider and fit flat glass in without the vent windows and get the sheetmetal to contour to the flat glass.

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Yeah its the most unique, best looking and functional top ever made for a scrambler yet they never sold it in the US market...how bout that. so those two things combined, well, ...Jeep Addict has a very rare and awesome looking and functional top...hence the $ it will fetch.

I think $2.5k is on the low side for that top and doors. I paid $1,500 for my postal top without doors, and there are more postal tops in the US market than Wagon World Cab tops.

If I was crazier than I am, I would be on the way to get it myself. Man I hope I really am not that crazy, nuts maybe, but not crazy. I’d probably do something weird with it like Jeff Scherb would and cut it up and make a one off custom build.

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Did someone want to buy this pretty quick....because LA isn't that far for me.

I have a kid on the way and really don't need to spend money.