jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Curious that was one heck of an effort to crate it and make it survive....what ever that cost was....plus the actual freight, hmmmm....

So did you consider a fly in road trip / rental option, and a ton more fun hitting the roads of the good ol USA.... ?:unsure:

Cant wait to see this one come together for you, the World Cab is the Top we never got and darn we should have!

CJ7Pilot

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
Yep, Jeep Addict put a lot of effort in to crating it up!

It's in California now (just a few hours away from here), and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow... I can't wait!

Shipping was cheaper than a road trip, but don't think I didn't consider it! I've covered a lot of the US, but I've never been to the south. Another time perhaps, when I have more time. ;)

spankrjs

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Biloxi
State
MS
Yep, Jeep Addict put a lot of effort in to crating it up!

It's in California now (just a few hours away from here), and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow... I can't wait!

Shipping was cheaper than a road trip, but don't think I didn't consider it! I've covered a lot of the US, but I've never been to the south. Another time perhaps, when I have more time. ;)
Trust me, you do not want to come down south this time of year, high 90's with high 90% humidity :evil:

CJ7Pilot

LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Yuba City
State
CA
My first summer in Maryland was like that... I'm used to being hot, but that humidity was a rude awakening for this California boy! o_O

ag4ever

Average Nut
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Richmond
State
TX
Did some storage unit cleanup this Saturday, 7am - 10am. It was a 4 shirt job. This 95 degrees and 200% humidity sucks.

I think the humidity is worse this year due to the rains we have been getting every 3-4 days for the last 2 years.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Lets just say shipping was cheaper than bringing in a top from OZ. There is a skeletal substructure inside of the crate's main structure protecting the contents. Sort of like that baby and the pregnant momma in Alien! Or Predator Vs Alien. I cant remember. Towels, blankets, sheets, I even used a life jacket in case they drove into the water. And don't get me started on the humidity. Luckily my warehouse has a/c and we built it inside. If not, they would have buried me in that box after they found me melted out in the parking lot. Or just stuck me in the crate and sent me to Cali. Which would've cool too...

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yeah 90% humidity feeling like 200%. I was off for the 4 day holiday weekend and stayed inside the whole time except about 3 hours. People who lived down here before ac was invented were tuff people.

bigwalton

Picture cravin' AK Postal nut
Staff member
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
Yeah 90% humidity feeling like 200%. I was off for the 4 day holiday weekend and stayed inside the whole time except about 3 hours. People who lived down here before ac was invented were tuff people.
This is always my reply to people who complain about winter up here. I’d rather be forced to stay inside in Feb due to cold than in July due to heat when it’s so pretty you WANT to be outside but know you’ll die. Living in NC sucked all holy donkey nuts.

OGRES

Legacy Registered User
LIFETIME
City
Suwanee
State
GA
This is always my reply to people who complain about winter up here. I’d rather be forced to stay inside in Feb due to cold than in July due to heat when it’s so pretty you WANT to be outside but know you’ll die. Living in NC sucked all holy donkey nuts.
Yeah, summer can get hot in the south, but we can drive our Scramblers year round without worrying what we are driving through. :bacon:

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Yeah, summer can get hot in the south, but we can drive our Scramblers year round without worrying what we are driving through. :bacon:
Yea we get some beautiful weather in November through May for shorts and t-shirts Can't say that today with this tropical storm weather today, may have to toss the top on if I want to drive around