• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

YJ Seats in CJ8

brp0830

SOA Member
City
Raleigh
State
NC
So, I've come across a pretty good deal on some seats out of a YJ. Does anyone know if these typically sit lower than the seats in a Scram? The YJ seats have the mounts/brackets still attached. Thanks.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I recently installed reclining seats from a 94'. At first I installed them with the YJ brackets. The passenger side was perfect. But the driver side bracket (after I removed the fixed I/s rr stud) positioned the seat about 1.5"'s off center to the inboard. What I did was mount the driver seat to my old CJ seat bracket, perfect. They are tight with the Tuffy console. And with this setup I have plenty of clearance under the no-tilt steering wheel.IMG_20190703_140951085.jpgView attachment 75087IMG_20190715_114138841.jpg

Last edited:

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I should also say that I previously had MasterCraft Nomad seats installed. I noticed no decrease in the gap between steering wheel and seat.

mssldn

Legacy Registered User
City
Gooding
State
ID
What I did was mount the driver seat to my old CJ seat bracket, perfect.

Did you use the YJ seat slider? I recently picked up some 1992 YJ seats without any brackets or sliders. They do not bolt to the CJ stuff like the 87-90 stuff I've used in the past. I purchased a bestop slider that claimed it worked for 1976-1995, but it doesn't. Looking to buy an 91-95 YJ slider on ebay, but was looking for some confirmation that it would "reasonable" bolt up to the driver's seat bracket I have (which is the style that flips forward).