barrys

Scrambler Junkie
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
East Norriton
State
PA
How do you fix a stuck zipper. FWIW it's a Bestop tiger top on my CJ7. I can't move it pass the messed up part where the zipper didn't mesh together right. 20200629_214807.jpg

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
Never figured that out myself. Mine has 2 zippers so I zip each side up to the problem area. :shrug:

93_Fummins

CJ-8 Member
CJ-8.com Member
City
Edmond
State
OK
When that happened on my YJ, I would just use some spray lube on the zipper and get a little aggressive trying to run it past the bad spot using a pair of pliers to push the zipper. However, it was a pretty weathered top on a trail rig so I didn't worry about hurting it.

Mouse

City
Ogden
State
Ut
Make sure there is no tension along either side of the zipper. You may need to partially remove the top. Lubricate the zipper generously on both sides, and then give it a shot un-zipping it. Try to fully unzip it. You may have to realign the zipper teeth once you have it unzipped.

I had to do this with my CJ8 when I first bought it. I got that problem zipper fixed and it's been good for almost 2 years since.

Good luck

Last edited:

Bugman

The Rubicon, my backyard
City
Pollock Pines
State
CA
Lube is your friend. If you can get a silicone lubricant with higher temperatures, like letting the top sit in the sun for a couple of hours to make the material more malleable, you're going to be able to work that zipper through the separated part. Be gentle at first but sometimes it takes a more aggressive approach. The trick is to get the slack out of the one side. If you can pull on the loose side stronger that the taught side while working the zipper through the separated spot it will go more smoothly. Be patient.