• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Any Las Vegas members that can lend a hand?

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Here's a close up of the nylon deck mount.

2323232327Ffp932323Euqcshlukaxroqdfv393B-1.jpg

Assembled, the set screw on the pipe end screws down almost flush.

2323232327Ffp932323Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33C8-1.jpg

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
I think this was an early pic with the slight downward angle to the rear half. I hadn't started playing with applying pressure to the straps.

2323232327Ffp932323Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3867-1.jpg
2323232327Ffp932323Euqcshlukaxroqdfv33C4-1.jpg

While I was outside messing around they fired a rocket from the Cape. You can see the white smoke trail in the upper right corner of the pic
2323232327Ffp932323Euqcshlukaxroqdfv373B-1.jpg

Last edited:

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
Jon also includes a nice wear strip where the top crosses the w/s frame.
2323232327Ffp932323Euqcshlukaxroqdfv3724-1.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I see. It'll take some ingenuity if I wanted to make it work :) It looks really good, that I'm sure of.

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
I'll know how it does in the wind next week. Don't know about the 65mph part right away though. I'll be on break in for just about everything. This Jeep has only gone around the block. I'll update during the next week.

surfjeepzx

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Wilbur by the Sea
State
FL
The top needed some additional support between the rollbar and the rear bow. While driving the front section is tight and doesn't lift. As the air passed over the Jeep it pushed down on the rear section so it was immediately apparent the rear needed more support. I took the idea from my boat bimini top and created a support bow teed off the main bow. Once again the use of marine bimini top hardware. I used the left over straps from the side buckles I bought. I'll get some shorter versions that are more adjustable. The top works great now. I had it up to 55 and it held up just like it should. Nice and quiet, no flapping etc. Once I get it all figured out I'll paint the bows so they match the Jeep copper.

Drove it up to the Speedway for Jeep Beach check in today and got lots of looks.

CAM00663.jpgCAM00662.jpg