• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

EBay eye poppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
I wish there was more swap meets for jeep stuff near me so im kinda stuck selling on ebay. I dont mind the fees. As long as stuff sells for a profit. Or if im sick of seeing somthing ill let it go for whatever.

sent from my flaming samsung note7

I'm in the same boat. No real interest local, and the locals want to pay pennies on the dollar.

redhoncho

cj5304
Lifetime Member
City
Gibsonia
State
PA
Eric just cant help himself but to comment anytime I list anything on ebay!!!! beware of anything wet WOW eric really ? do you really want to go there with me after all I know anytime you want to get me started just let me know ...... Jersey jeeps like any of the many many times you have purchased parts out of my shop and probably flipped to the members of this forum they have been anything less than perfect Really eric?

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I didn't mean to get into the middle of anything by posting the ad.
I posted up the eBay ad because I thought the price was high.
This is what the thread is for. I didn't know if it was someone on the forum or not, nor does the spirit of the thread care, it is all about eBay auctions and pricing if they are above what has been sold in the past. I have been sent numerous emails, etc. about some of my pricing, it is what it is.
Picking on people directly wasn't what I intended when I posted it, the pictures show wet seats, that much is factual.
I hope you get your price(s) for your auction(s)... it is good for those of us that sell.
Good luck.

cb

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
John, I wasn't picking at you, you took it way to personally IMHO, anyone can see the seats are wet like they came in from a rainstorm and I thought it was funny... I do believe they are NOS / near NOS as you describe and given I know the type of stuff you have and everything thing I have gotten from you has been perfect , including but not limited to the NOS chrome Bumper , suburbanite tires, dash overlays , and more , all of which I still have in my possession. :wave:

Your tan golden eagle tire cover you have listed with "Thompson motors" in Wisconsin you got from me , that's the place I visited in the overlander in 2013 after sandblast. Reselling of other members previous items and trades is not a bad thing [emoji482]

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
That is a sales tactic I'm seeing used more and more on ebay especially for rare or high-end items. Seller lists items with extremely high price or reserve and includes contact info. Interested parties contact seller outside of eBay to make a deal and avoid eBay fees. Auction ends with either no buyers or never reaching reserve price so only cost of listing is incurred. Basicly using eBay to advertise. I see it a lot with vehicles.

Just FYI, that seller is a member here (redhoncho).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G850A

36cef743090d11043c0528cacadb24e0-1.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I didn't mean to get into the middle of anything by posting the ad.
I posted up the eBay ad because I thought the price was high.
This is what the thread is for. I didn't know if it was someone on the forum or not, nor does the spirit of the thread care, it is all about eBay auctions and pricing if they are above what has been sold in the past. I have been sent numerous emails, etc. about some of my pricing, it is what it is.
Picking on people directly wasn't what I intended when I posted it, the pictures show wet seats, that much is factual.
I hope you get your price(s) for your auction(s)... it is good for those of us that sell.
Good luck.

cb

:thumbsup: CB, no harm done. Like you said, that is exactly what this thread is about. I was only making the point about that being a sales tactic that I'm seeing more and more of by (many) sellers on eBay. Extremely high listing prices are not really a good judge of what things are actually selling for. I'd rather see what items are bid up to, and even that is highly suspect anymore.

redhoncho

cj5304
Lifetime Member
City
Gibsonia
State
PA
Eric I know reselling anything that someone else could potentially use is a good thing but words like beware common dude I wasn't born last night ... I never make any comments about anything your selling or have SOLD ..

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I haven't been a fan of this thread from the beginning, too much chance of not following the golden rule, which this forum is all about.

Anyone can sell anything they own and ask any price they want. Similarly anyone can pay anything they feel is appropriate for something they want. That's all anyone needs to remember.

This thread is locked and done. No "replacement" threads of similar type will be tolerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.