• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Factory original rear bumper questions

Kim Dawson

CJ-8 Member
City
Molalla
State
Or
Probably the most important part of the packaging is to make sure the end caps don't hit against the crate when it gets handled roughly. If rough handling can break cast iron (and it has), it can certainly break plastic end caps. I'd bolt the bumper to the crate so it can't move . . . but that just me.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Nice , and a crate to boot ! :thumbsup: I am guessing its goin to Louisiana ;p

84scrambler

Legacy Registered User
City
Livermore
State
CA
Its going to New York, Jbjeeps1 picked it up.
Yah I definitely didn't want that bumper to move, the base is a 2x8 with a couple of 4x4 spacers right under the the bumper mounting points. The 4x4's are screwed into the 2x8 and the bumper has 4 lag bolts going into the 4x4's. It took me about an hour of screwing around to build and make sure it wasn't going to move. I added the foam and bubble wrap around the plastic end just as a precautionary and in the middle there's a bag with a towing ball wrapped up. There were also a couple of areas that were really close to the ply wood that I slipped some foam just in case so hopefully it will get there with out any issues.

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
LOL

[Indiana Jones warehouse. Jpg]

Or warehouse 13.....

y3ysuqe7-1.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900

jak inc

I H8 RUST!
Lifetime Member
City
Merton
State
WI
Nice work on the crate! When I ordered a few NOS Scrambler rear bumpers from J&W years back, they came wrapped in a light corrugated cardboard. Luckily there was no damage to the bumpers or the end caps.