• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Project 1/2 scale(Squirrel)

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Don't let a little heat stop you. I had to do the backstroke last week to work on mine.

Attachments

• popcorngazelle[1].gif
    popcorngazelle[1].gif
    271.4 KB · Views: 250
  • 13892286_10205568069841724_8563598358661818424_n.jpg
    13892286_10205568069841724_8563598358661818424_n.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 250

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I now have a set of 10" travel air shocks for the rear.
f13fbf2f20402c750a854e1d70f2d1c6-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
We finally had a night less than 70 degrees so I'm getting the itch to finish this thing. Besides, it's feeling neglected sitting in the shed cooking from the heat

6fb86f257725929f164db8dc5f8b739b-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Those are to nice to weld. [emoji106]

sent from my flaming samsung note7

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I really wanted to start bending some tube today but that didn't happen. Instead, I frenched in the lower rear arms into the frame to get better pinion defection when cycling the suspension and I never really cared for the mount to be below the frame too. Of course like anything on this Jeep, a little job turns into a day-long process. The heims with the misalignment spacers were about 1/8" wider than the frame itself so I had to make a "shim plate" to make the frame wider in that area and then an outer plate for the bolt center. The misalignment must be removed so the heim can be taken out of the frame too. The outer plate is now retained with four bolts. Some time between now and then I'll do the same with the front lower links too but probably not too soon. I really need to get the cage bent up so I can finish up on mounting some of the other components. That's really holding things up now....

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
The more I look at it, the more I like the low CG look it has right here. I might re-do things to lower it a bit from how I initially set things up. What's a few more hours notching the frame for axle and link clearance huh?

6897f3e33418468e67c91f6418588609-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

jbeemer

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Conklin
State
MI
I won't argue the cool looks of the low CG. But on the same hand I don't think a couple more inches of height are going to hurt it from a performance stand point. The axles do have some width to them :bacon:

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
That little guy is pure awesomeness. Your skills are very impressive. Thanks for sharing this build with us.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
That little guy is pure awesomeness. Your skills are very impressive. Thanks for sharing this build with us.

It's definitely fun to see it progress from starting with a body and some axles.... Now I just wish that I had more time to work on it.....

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I have decided to turn loose of this little Jeep since I have no time to finish this thing. $6k