• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Project 1/2 scale(Squirrel)

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
^^^ Nice...... I almost decided to go electric or hydraulic but I figured I would stick with what I know best instead of pioneering...

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
It's only illegal if you get caught- ;)

Sent from my SM-G920V

Like so many other things you see on a daily basis on the I-10. I should start a blog or something: Here's the craziest thing I saw on the I-10/101, etc today. I could post multiples and have people vote on them. Yesterday - the motorcycle/trike couple in the HOV who slowed way down and cut in front of me, or the low rider that was so low the wheels were angled up and in, making sparks over every bump, or the Sanford and Sons pickup with chickens and ceiling insulation in the back.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Lol....Welcome to Phoenix. Wait until your first police chase that goes blowing by you at 100mph or when you witness a rollover in front of you. There's good times all the time here.....lol

Sent from my SM-G920V

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Lol....Welcome to Phoenix. Wait until your first police chase that goes blowing by you at 100mph or when you witness a rollover in front of you. There's good times all the time here.....lol

Sent from my SM-G920V

Heck - that seems like normal travel speed on the 101! I think people are misreading it for the speed limit.

The second item I'd rather avoid if I could.

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
More parts showed up today- ;)

95c40eb4af985ded2bd24ab788062c2b-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
The first cut is back together now and the second is just started.

d8b2cfc4f56799909b1ef18c4b5ec2c5-1.jpg

3768209dcea954b633c8cdbbfa64e010-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

jbeemer

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
Conklin
State
MI
Do you have a planned use?

Trails, shows, or just riding around town looking cool because you can

Sent from my SM-G900V

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
Lol...it's a way for me to spend time with my boys... (wink...wink)

In reality it's probably more the latter. I have a YSR50 I have put together years ago with a RZ350 engine in it that I never finished because of a move across country. I lost the guys I use to ride with so I also lost interest in that project. The boys will enjoy this one and will always remember it along with the time we will spend together. That's pretty important to me in the grand scope of things.

Sent from my SM-G920V

PetesCj-8

CJ-8 Member
City
slatington
State
pa
Lol...it's a way for me to spend time with my boys... (wink...wink)

In reality it's probably more the latter. I have a YSR50 I have put together years ago with a RZ350 engine in it that I never finished because of a move across country. I lost the guys I use to ride with so I also lost interest in that project. The boys will enjoy this one and will always remember it along with the time we will spend together. That's pretty important to me in the grand scope of things.

Sent from my SM-G920V

That's awesome. 👍🏻

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
I found some tires with wheels so I can test fit for the 4-link. The tires are only 30" tall but the scale of body makes them look huge.

6b91696f25e6c649a2bdda308eb9d455-1.jpg

I also have the frame steel ready for when I finish all of this bodywork.

2444b7a1c7540de10d6cbaed50a3f630-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

Last edited:

mysunnshine

Legacy Registered User
City
Phoenix
State
AZ
The frame is done and TIG welded. I temporarily mounted the body to the frame to see how it will all fit together. I still have a lot of bodywork to do yet but I needed to at least see what the general look will be. I have some tubing connecting the axles to the frame temporarily for now to get an idea of the wheelbase and ride height. It'll end up getting lowered 3-4" and the wheelbase moved a bit from where it's at right now I'd guess. We will see how things lay out when I get back to it.

0b6876d3ad96a23adcdb58012b47f2cc-1.jpg

aabe866c75b3a9944cce6e0eb7b87639-1.jpg

4aa440b13c944cd0ee3e81424999e43e-1.jpg

41902be27e6af10972ff9351028d30a7-1.jpg

f32e3d0afe8ee9980c03213eb55cb4f4-1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V

b2esq

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Glen Allen
State
VA
Those 30" tires look HUGE under that frame... the boys will love it!

zr10054

Car and Gun Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Gonzales
State
La
Drive shafts should be fun. Is the suspension going to be linked?