• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Scrambler tub length ?

Bluesix

City
B.A.
State
ok
I had ordered the Vintage Air gen 4 evaporator kit from Speedway and when they sent the estimated shipping date it was November 13!
I called Vintage Air and talked to them to see if they had any in stock. He said they were probably just hedging their bets with all the supply chain problems. He thought delivery would be in July.
He found a vendor that they had just shipped to. Great little family company in Mississippi named Wheels of Time. They sell hot rod parts. Talked to the gentleman there, ordered on Monday and it was delivered Thursday evening. Saved about $100 on the evaporator and 3 knob control setup. I am going to block off the fresh air vent. I will need to modify the defroster duct so I can tuck the unit up higher. Probably cut it off where I have the line drawn.
I will have to hang the dash and gauges to see where everything will fit. Going to loose the glovebox or at least any depth it had.
I was worried about how much room I would have between it and the dash but it will clear easily. The front bracket will have to be trimmed to tuck the unit up higher. I am going to shoot for bringing the a/c and heat lines out of the opening where the blower motor came through the firewall.
Here's some photos you can see where the unit is in relation to the dash. This answers the question if a gen 4 Magnum unit fits under a yj dash.

Attachments

• 20220529_104429.jpg
    20220529_104429.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 24

Bluesix

City
B.A.
State
ok
I had ordered the Vintage Air gen 4 evaporator kit from Speedway and when they sent the estimated shipping date it was November 13!
I called Vintage Air and talked to them to see if they had any in stock. He said they were probably just hedging their bets with all the supply chain problems. He thought delivery would be in July.
He found a vendor that they had just shipped to. Great little family company in Mississippi named Wheels of Time. They sell hot rod parts. Talked to the gentleman there, ordered on Monday and it was delivered Thursday evening. Saved about $100 on the evaporator and 3 knob control setup. I am going to block off the fresh air vent. I will need to modify the defroster duct so I can tuck the unit up higher. Probably cut it off where I have the line drawn.
I will have to hang the dash and gauges to see where everything will fit. Going to loose the glovebox or at least any depth it had.
I was worried about how much room I would have between it and the dash but it will clear easily. The front bracket will have to be trimmed to tuck the unit up higher. I am going to shoot for bringing the a/c and heat lines out of the opening where the blower motor came through the firewall.
Here's some photos you can see where the unit is in relation to the dash. This answers the question if a gen 4 Magnum unit fits under a yj dash.

Bluesix

City
B.A.
State
ok
The forever project is still undone, but alot closer.
I have the majority of the wiring straightened out. Using the original Corvette harness and ECM complicates the wiring.
Still alot to do, realistically I will be lucky to finish it by fall. I work outside and my motivation to work on it went into the dumper with hot/cold weather.
Picked up the top and got to see what it looks like on.

20240413_162843.jpg