• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Top Shelf Scrambler

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
For best pricing contact me if your interested in one.
The price isnt that bad when you consider the benefits and the cost of a normal 231/241 to 300 style doubler. But yeah I want one for the wifes Commando bad and it gonna have to wait till tax time till my broke arse can afford one! LOL

I've been :drool: all over those since I first saw them. Just need to win the lottery one of these days... :banghead:

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Im hoping it will be!!
We went to the nationals 2 years ago in TN and had a great time! We are planning on making the trip to Harlan this year for the nationals. If the owner doesnt have any schedule conflicts this will be there!

Very nice Sean. Will this be at the Nationals? :wave:

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Talked to Buddy the owner today.

Hes in for the nationals!:thumbsup::SOA:

See yall then!

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Being self employed and busy are a good thing I suppose . . . except that slave driver boss of mine! LOL

OK time for boring ole tech stuff and some pics.

100_0685-1.jpg

Im using a Genright CJ "crawler" tank with a 95YJ sending unit. LS motors like lots of fuel at full throttle and since they are self regulated at the rail its pretty easy to keep em happy in a Jeep with a couple simple mods.

100_0687-1.jpg

Rewinding to the 5.0 Mustang days of my youth I recognize the pump motor as a Walbro 250 style pump.
This is a Saab Walbro 300 series pump that runs quieter and pushes alot more fuel.

100_0689-1.jpg

Here you can see how much bigger the 300 pump is compared to stock.

100_0691-1.jpg

This is not a direct fit kind of mod but its pretty easy none the less.
Didnt like the rubber islolater so i just modified the hard mount to fit the new pump.
Sorry didnt get pic of finished project before it went back in the tank.

100_0690-1.jpg

More boring tech pics. Black= Ground Brown=Gauge signal Orange=12 volt pump feed.

Last edited:

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Alot of progress lately but all boring tech stuff. LOL

100_0698-1.jpg

All of the spacers have been cut and installed for the coilovers and every piece of hardware on the chassis is now grade 8 or better.

100_0694-1.jpg

100_0693.jpg

Driveshafts are done and in. VERY happy with them! Got to adjust rear pinion angle finalize links etc etc.

100_0695-1.jpg

Skidplate/trans mount done all out of 1.5" .250 wall tubing. Its primed and in for final mock up before it gets a coat of semi gloss
just got to pretty it up first. Damn that thing gets heavier every time i have to put it back on!

100_0692-1.jpg

Went with stock manifolds for mock up and they would work very well for the build. I just cant stand the way they look!!
A set of Hookers that CBRogers recomended are on the way . . . exaust gentleman not ladies of the evening persuasion! LOL
Exhaust,proportioning valve,clips,etc be here Thursday then shes off to the exhaust shop Friday.
Then I have a few days to catch up on a couple smaller jobs and actually put my own rig back together!:banghead:

Last edited:

jims chop shop

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
stafford
State
va
""A set of Hookers that CBRogers recomended are on the way . . . exaust gentleman not ladies of the evening persuasion! LOL""

If that changes !!!.....call me !

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
LMAO:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hey Jim . . . . the hookers just got here!;):D

More pics to come.

Later
Sean

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Agree...looking great! Like my build only much cleaner and using better/new parts! haha! Curious to see where the shifters for the atlas and BB come out in the Jeep. I went with the reverse cable ones offered by NWF and those will be going in soon I hope. Are you going to run just the single cable for the BB to shift it?

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Thanks guys!

Right now Ive got a couple of ideas for the shifters but the NWF triple stick set up is my favorite option so far.

Sorry I been slacking on updates lately guys. Holiday chaos,trying to get my own crawler back together,planning the next build (Early Bronco) and parts delays have had me hopping lately!

Exhaust is done,rock rails done,etc.

Will get pics up later today.

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Pics as promised.

100_0836-1.jpg

100_0835-1.jpg

Rock rails are done very happy with them. Just gotta clean it all up before paint . . . thank god for antisplatter! LOL

100_0829-1.jpg

100_0830-1.jpg

100_0831-1.jpg

Exhaust turned out great! Tucked up nice and tight to keep the rocks away. Used flowmaster 50 series to keep noise down and keep a nice tone. Thanks to CB Rogers for the info on the Hooker LS manifolds. Will definately use these again in future builds!
On try #3 to find the right O2 sensors heading to look through the options myself tomorrow.

Painter picked up the doors and fenders Sat. Heres a shot of the paint sample. Its PPG gunmetal grey metallic base coat clear coat. Should look pretty darn good with the contrasting black and stainless hardware on the armor.
100_0838-1.jpg

Got a few plumbing issues to finish up then it heads to paint Friday.

Later
Sean

Last edited:

jeepdreamer

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Really nice Sean!!!!!!!!!!
So you made the rock rails in house? Even the dimple die plates...? May need to come visit and talk. lol!

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Thanks man!

The rock rails are just a slightly modified CJ8/JK kit from Poison Spyder.

Took the stock bare rocker knockers and added ricochet style slider to it with a couple tweaks.

Ive got a dimple die set here though so your more than welcome to come visit and BS awhile anyway. LOL

Later
Sean

Last edited:

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Those headers look great, and I really like how smooth that install came out.

Looks like the plan is coming together.

Carl

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Been really busy on this as of late so sorry for the lack of pics.
I will now take my flogging from all the resident picture natzis.:eek:

100_0848-1.jpg

Started coating the exhaust in VHT.

100_0849-1.jpg

100_0850-1.jpg

Really like the dull aluminium look of this. The pics show a before and after look.

100_0848-1.jpg

Brake lines and fuel lines in the works all stainless steel.
Tubing tubing flares flares and more flares . . . I hate plumbing a vehicle!

100_0843-1.jpg

My favorite tool for making flaring tubing a lil less nerve wracking.

100_0847-1.jpg

100_0846-1.jpg

Am I the only one that couldnt quite understand why you would use full armor on a Jeep and retain the factory tire carrier? Didnt like how the holes were not symetrical from side to side so i plan on fill welding a few and drilling and counter sinking new holes to make it match on both sides. Also making a matching piece of armor with hinge cut out below the tailgate. Just looks a lil funny with out it i think.

100_0853-1.jpg

100_0854-1.jpg

Body back on and now in the capable hand sof my good friend and painter JW.

Got a long list of odds and ends to get ordered and on the way but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Later
Sean

CJ ATE

Legacy Registered User
City
Vinton
State
VA
Thanks guys!

She is getting there but man I got a long list of parts left to get!

Got 95% of that list figured out but the devil is in the details.

Im looking for some small 1-2" LEDs to use as reverse lights. Anybody got a source? Im striking out here HELP! LOL

Later
Sean

Last edited: