• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

What did you do with your Scrambler today? July 2014 version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I'm building up small parts inventory so I can get moving on my build again. Got the correct rear Bilstein shocks, paint for the white wagon wheels (still not sure if I want to go chrome or white), and found some reproduction Jeep SE decals for my rear bumper.
py5ena6a-1.jpg

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Installed a folding front seat base. Finally I can get to the area behind my seat. Woot. Thanks Jim!
9a8yqy2a-1.jpg

Dain

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Continued with the cage install as the 4th up here was very, very wet.

The issue in fitting it was the lower holes, once you put the cage in place and it spaced it out about 1/4" or so

IMG_6221-1.jpg

I took both sides out and elongated the holes

IMG_6224-1.jpg

IMG_6225-1.jpg

I put them back in and it all lined up

IMG_6242-1.jpg

IMG_6226-1.jpg

Everything sits nice now with a few tweaks here and there (yes, I know I need a new floor as well, but we do what we can do with what we have at the time).

IMG_6227-1.jpg

IMG_6245-1.jpg

And hung up a few signs... wife thought she was funny for Father's Day...

IMG_6250.jpg
IMG_6251.jpg

and my favorite saying... can't fix it! Although the beer statement is absolutely true as well.

IMG_6246.jpg

cb

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
The cage looks great!

Dain

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Installed my new 12v and dual USB ports in the spot my radio holes were.

Before
a7yqyje5-1.jpg

During
esumuqa7-1.jpg

After
tu8age6y-1.jpg

8yqyhere-1.jpg

Dain

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
Thanks Jim. It's the little things that keep me busy. Not saying that I want big problems. It is nice to be working on the little improvements.

Dain

Smokey65

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Plantation
State
Fl
Hiking on Mt. Rainier!

Have always wanted to go out there and hike there. Maybe one day!

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
Man that brings back memories... spent a lot of time at my first job out of college travelling to Seattle for training for 3-4 weeks at a clip... on the weekends I would travel all over Washington and Oregon going places... awesome time, great place, and some of the freshest cleanest air out there!

cb

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
4th weekend was spent remodeling our bathroom, and Copper has been pulling farm tractor duty towing a trailer around the place. Got a 30 yard dumpster over half full already!

2, proofread and cleared by the NSA.

firefighter736

Basic User
City
Floyd
State
VA
4th weekend was spent remodeling our bathroom, and Copper has been pulling farm tractor duty towing a trailer around the place. Got a 30 yard dumpster over half full already!

2, proofread and cleared by the NSA.

Did this back in November. Shew, I was glad to be done with that project. Good luck!

Randyzzz

Blown Budget
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Redmond
State
OR
Did this back in November. Shew, I was glad to be done with that project. Good luck!

Yeah, the bathroom is done and I started on the kitchen today...plus just picked up 2pallets of laminate flooring!

BRKLYNZ28

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
BROOKLYN
State
NY
Yeah, the bathroom is done and I started on the kitchen today...plus just picked up 2pallets of laminate flooring!
not bad i finished up my deck up and started to build a stacked stone wall in front of the house.. never ends... we should have diy network at our houses. lol

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Noticed a wild coolant leak appeared on the driveway since parked outside yesterday. Traced it to a loose hose clamp. Tightened it up and took it for a spin. Parked for 4 hours now and no return drip.

regular guy

Basic User
City
Cameron
State
NC
Bought $30 worth of stainless steel nuts and bolts for the 8274 rebuild

Also, NAPA rocks again. Only place for miles around with CJ wipers in stock!

Also got these for free today! A pair of XJ springs. I'm going to add an extra leaf from the current pair and throw these baby's under it!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.