• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

2015 National Scramble - Hawk Pride Offroad park, Tuscumbia, Alabama

Gscram

Scrambler Junkie
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Brandon
State
MS
The SOA has an associate membership for past members, $25.00, all of the normal benefits, just no voting rights.

RandyLL

1 Long CJ
City
Highland
State
IL
Thanks, but it was blue, not green. Driving an orange Rubi LJ now. Also, my son is considering UAH for college.

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Thanks, but it was blue, not green. Driving an orange Rubi LJ now. Also, my son is considering UAH for college.

Wow. Time flies. College. Wow. (and, yeah, I guess I coulda' looked at your avatar, LOL).

timothy

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
baltimore
State
oh
Reservations r made for camping at the park

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Hey, Jake!
How dirty/muddy/messy/wet/stinky can we expect to become on this little adventure?
I have made reservations for the Comfort Inn, but there is a place called the Coldwater Inn a little bit closer to the park. The lobby looks pretty fancy. I don't want to go slogging in there every night looking like, well, what we tend to look like sometimes. What do you think?

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Hey, Jake!
How dirty/muddy/messy/wet/stinky can we expect to become on this little adventure?
I have made reservations for the Comfort Inn, but there is a place called the Coldwater Inn a little bit closer to the park. The lobby looks pretty fancy. I don't want to go slogging in there every night looking like, well, what we tend to look like sometimes. What do you think?
I'm interested in accommodations that are not camping, too. What are the options?

MrBeep

CJ-8 Vendor Supporter
SOA Member
CJ-8.com Vendor
City
Dillsboro
State
IN
Reservations at Comfort Inn. :bacon: :wave:

Grey Fox

SOA Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bountiful
State
UT
Did I miss something? I thought the 2015 national was already picked as South Dakota, Badlands?

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA
Did I miss something? I thought the 2015 national was already picked as South Dakota, Badlands?

That's 2016....the board is working on planning ahead, so we can, too.

Cincyjeeprs

CJ-8 Member
SOA Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Here's another one.
http://www.coldwater-inn.com/
Coldwater Inn is very close to the park. CALL them. Their website right now shows no availability, but I talked to Julie, and she says they have plenty of rooms. Also has room for truck/trailers. Rooms from $79. Looks like a really nice place.

John N

Addicted....Ex-SOA VP
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Rockville
State
VA

Jeeperdd

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
SOA Member
City
Gordonsville
State
VA
Room booked...Thanks Kevin.

I'll second that, thanks Kevin. We booked two rooms.

Anyone from the area know the closest airport? My sister is probably going to fly in, which means I need to pick her up.

IAFFCJ

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Manassas
State
VA
Room booked at the confort inn on highway 43.

CJ8LVR

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Madison
State
AL
This thread needs a bump.

So, bump.

Was at the park yesterday meeting with the park owner, George Farrish (Treasurer), Russell Woodruff (Secretary), and John Case (Event committee member)
My wife Jennifer and son James were along for the ride too.

Good meeting talking about some logistics. (Food, lodging, trails, excursions outside of the park for scenic crew, etc)
We'll be pushing out a mailer to the membership soon. Reminder too, guys, there are some who have yet to renew. We've got some renewal incentives up our sleeves by the way....

For now, don't yet download the Hawk Pride Park maps to your phone!
There will be a download coupon voucher provided to you through your registration for the event.
Kevin and Tommy, you guys already have and that's fine. We'll work something out for you guys.

For those of you going, or going to Hawk Pride at some point, you can go ahead and download the app to your smartphone or tablet (Android and iOS compatible) for FREE.
The app is what you'll use to open the map. Here's a link: http://www.pdf-maps.com/get-pdf-maps/

Here's a pic of our Scrambler at Sunset last night in the middle of the RV camping area: