• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

14th Annual Colorado Scramble 2016

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
We were going to go back to Silverton this year since last year was a low turn out. However I found in January that the town of Silverton's lodging was completely booked for our dates. After holding out for a while to see it that would break we decided to move the venue and will be going back to Buena Vista, CO.

SO... July 20th, 21st and 22nd we will be in Buena Vista, CO.

We have always had good time in Buena Vista and of course there are great trails there. Some of us are staying at the Pinion Court Cabins which is under new ownership and seems to be very inviting to us. They say they have plenty of space during that time and it is directly across the road from the park where we will meet each morning.

You can go to http://www.buenavistacolorado.org/ to get plenty of Information for the area and or other lodging places. There are many places to stay in BV.

We will meet each morning at 8:30 Sharp in Mc Phelemy Park which is right on Hwy 24 on the right side as you are going South. As noted it is pretty much strait across from the Pinion Court Cabins.

If you have any questions please ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Grey Fox

SOA Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bountiful
State
UT
I've never been able to make this event, but these dates might work for me this year.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Kim and Ted that would be great, would enjoy meeting both of you. This is a great year to come if you can, being in BV is cool because the trails are a little tougher than other places we go. Some are easier but beautiful and others are harder and beautiful. I think you'd both have a good time. Plus new faces with the other awesome ones we have grown so fond of seeing would certainly help to keep it going. After 13 years, it for sure about the people, and yeah... Our awesome Jeeps too... :drool:

jhopcj8

CJ-8 Member
City
Highlands Ranch
State
CO
I'm a little bummed, I'll be a in a guitar building class finishing my 2nd hand made guitar. Class ends on the 22nd. Wish I could make it!

Sent from my iPad

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
That's a bummer Jason... Any chance you could finish early or late? We'd love to have you and your daughters back again...

CBRogers

Perpetual Parts Collector
Lifetime Member
City
Yorktown
State
Va
Hey there is a chance I can make it out there this year.

The Son is off to college at Boulder. My old school. I know we have to drop him off somewhere around the first of August. We are working on redoing the 84' scrambler for him to take to college. It will only be mildly built with 32's. What kind of trails are you expecting to run. He leans more mild to scenic but enjoys seeing others on more adventurous ones. What will this years trails be like?

Carl

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
We've only got a couple trails that will be harder so that would be great, hope you can end up making it. Its going to be a fun time.

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Plans as of now, the Adams Family (Ken, Jason, Clif) will be attending with 3 Scramblers.

We will run some trails before the event if anyone wants to join us.
Looking at running Holy Cross Friday July 15 and camp in that area that night.

Open for suggestions for other trails to hit in that area.

We are lodging at the Pinion Court cabins in Buena Vista Saturday night July 16 thru July 22.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
We'll be coming in on Sunday and will also be at the Pinion Court. Phil is coming out here and going to follow us up. There are not any main trails I know of out by Holy Cross, which is the main reason we have not gone there before but there are bunch of roads out there that are not on anyone's trail radar. There are of course the trails that we ran in Leadville, Halfmoon and Skeeter...

48Bob

Legacy Registered User
City
Montrose
State
CO
I am going to try and make it with my recently finished Scrambler. Any suggestions as to where I might be able to camp close to the meeting place?

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
I am going to try and make it with my recently finished Scrambler. Any suggestions as to where I might be able to camp close to the meeting place?

Come run Holy Cross with us Friday July 15th

48Bob

Legacy Registered User
City
Montrose
State
CO
Jason, I would love to but the wife has other plans for the weekend. You know the old saying, happy wife, happy life!

CHIEFWAHO

SOA VP
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
SOA Board Member
City
Thayer
State
KS
Jason, I would love to but the wife has other plans for the weekend. You know the old saying, happy wife, happy life!

Ok, hopefully we will see you in BV sometime. We are staying (as well as a few others) at the Pinion Court Cabins.

Challenger

Legacy Registered User
SOA Member
City
Loveland
State
CO
Hey, Linda myself and the girls will be there. Staying at Pinion court. See everyone real soon.

Todd