• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

16th Annual Colorado Scramble 2018

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Hello All, I hope everyone is doing well and has had a fine year!

The 16th Annual Colorado Scramble will be on the 25th, 26th & 27th of July and will be in Leadville Colorado. We have gone to Leadville once before and had a great time.

There are a number of lodging opportunities around town. I would suggest simply doing a Google search and it will show you all you need to know. As with any mountain town however you'll want to make a reservation as soon as you can. Todd - Linda & Diana and I are staying at the Alps Inn. Its a small place and not a ton of parking but that is where we'll be. There are of course a number of others to choose from. And I'm told that they have a couple new restaurants for us to dine at.

So for the trails - We've got some that are pretty much all day trips and this year we are going to something a little different. We are going to stay loaded and trailer over to Holy Cross!

Day One: Holy Cross - This will for sure be an all day trip. If you want to drive your Jeep over to there from Leadville and can keep up in doing so that is completely up to you. BUT while we will not be going warp drive over to there we will be cruzing right along to be sure :drool:

Day Two: Mosquito Pass - We may get to it via Birdseye Gulch just to make it a little different, then will go up and over to the other side of Skeeter and stop at the mine sites on the other side before returning.

Day Three: Halfmoon Gulch. This is my favorite trail right close to Leadville as the Champion Mill is just an awesome site to see and I look forward to it again as its been near 5 years since I have been up there.

The MEETING place. Same as last time we were there, but just in case you were not there or don't remember on the south side of town on highway 24 there is an empty dirt lot on your left heading out of town, its across the road from a car wash.

On the first day we'll be there at 8am and roll out by 8:30.

The next two days we'll meet at 9am same place.

Hope to see regulars and perhaps some new folks - we'll have fun for sure.

The Champion Mill

5250574jpg530-1.jpg

Grey Fox

SOA Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bountiful
State
UT
I'm going to try and make this. Last year was a great time. As we get closer I'll confirm.

b.b.chev

Legacy Registered User
City
Black Forest
State
CO
I'm planning on being there, I have officially put in for the time off at work. I have also made reservations at the Alps Inn .
Looking forward to this event.

Grey Fox

SOA Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bountiful
State
UT
Dan, I just sent you a PM (start a conversation). First time I’ve tried doing that. If you don’t get it here’s my email, got a question for ya
Kim
kduncan@duncanelec.com
Or cell
Eight o one five 6 o 5 o o seven

Grey Fox

SOA Member
Lifetime Member
City
Bountiful
State
UT
Ok, we'll be rolling into Leadville Tuesday late afternoon. Got two friends w/wifes tagging along. Their CJ-7ers so we should put them at the end of the pack. Staying at the Roadway Inn. Remind me are most of you CB radio users or VHF or nothing?