Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Great pics.
Really dig the patina of the Willys utility wagon !!!

Jim Repp is one of the fathers of the Rubicon package. His CJ-7 with 4:1 kit was driven by the bean counters and showed them first hand how much better a Jeep handles with crawling gears and lockers. Super nice guy.

Did you meet Duncan & Kim ? BRC80 & Bantam restorer. Kim truly loves Jeeps as much as we do.

Which forum members were at John's pre-party ?
I started to come...but just getting back to normal after 9 days with Jeep Heritage guys.
I saw Duncan giving a lecture on the restoration of the BRC80 but I did not get to meet him. Scott R. from MN was the only other member from this forum at John's party. Jim was there with the Willy's Wagon too.

Last edited:

cu4whln

Basic User
City
Canton
State
MI
Hello .. My FIRST post on this site...:thumbsup:

Josh .. nice to meet some new Jeep buddies.... hope that bumper works out for you. I still need front SJ 3 pc bumper ends with no defects.. can't polish out the bad chrome on the ones I picked up.

Here's a pic of the Willys with the BRC - we actually got to go to the original engineering building for a video production with the "Pilot" vehicle. [ Apparently that's what they actually called the first BRC -
Bantam Reconnaissance Car

That was cool .. we drove 800+ miles in the Willys wagon.. hot, bouncy, LOUD. LOVED IT !! This thing draws a LOT of attention on the Turnpike.

[/URL][/IMG]

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Columbia
State
MO

Josh .. nice to meet some new Jeep buddies.... hope that bumper works out for you. I still need front SJ 3 pc bumper ends with no defects.. can't polish out the bad chrome on the ones I picked up.
Welcome to the forum Jim! That sucks about those bumper ends not cleaning up. I will keep my eyes open for you.

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
LIFETIME
CJ-8.com Member
City
Landing
State
NJ

Here's a pic of the Willys with the BRC - we actually got to go to the original engineering building for a video production with the "Pilot" vehicle. [ Apparently that's what they actually called the first BRC -
Bantam Reconnaissance Car

That was cool .. we drove 800+ miles in the Willys wagon.. hot, bouncy, LOUD. LOVED IT !! This thing draws a LOT of attention on the Turnpike.

[/URL][/IMG]
Jim, welcome to the forum ! I drove 865 miles in a hot, loud, wet, bouncy M715 so I kinda know the fun you had. (See above) I heard about your latest project through Josh and can help. I have some NOS 3 piece bumper ends and some other parts and will be in touch... :cheers: