• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

84 scrambler just got painted.

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
Looks awesome. Looking forward to seeing it back together. (y) Are you going to apply any graphic sets?

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
I'm debating on it. The title says SR so it probably looked like this originally. But there's no traces of any decals. View attachment 76095
You could always drive it for a while without and decide later. Personally I love all of the Scram specific decal sets. Are you going with a tan top and interior? Is your paint color Chestnut Brown? Man, that's sharp.

City
auburn
State
ca
It is I believe to be Chestnut brown metallic but when you Google it you get a ruby red brown metallic or a almost champagne brown metallic. They matched what was under the dash and inside my doors and under the hood. It's such a close match when you pop the hood you can't even tell it's been painted aside from how shiny and scratch free the new paint is.

My Dana 300 is leaking again for the 3rd time in 1k miles I may end up redoing the 4.0l efi t5 swap and try a 304 or 350 Chevy setup. If big if I end up doing that I will be repainting the under hood and taking the undercoating off the firewall. Until then underhoods going to look old ?

Better picture of how I think the decals should look Screenshot_20190922-090250_Firefox.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Just trying to stay upright
Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
It is I believe to be Chestnut brown metallic but when you Google it you get a ruby red brown metallic or a almost champagne brown metallic. They matched what was under the dash and inside my doors and under the hood. It's such a close match when you pop the hood you can't even tell it's been painted aside from how shiny and scratch free the new paint is.

My Dana 300 is leaking again for the 3rd time in 1k miles I may end up redoing the 4.0l efi t5 swap and try a 304 or 350 Chevy setup. If big if I end up doing that I will be repainting the under hood and taking the undercoating off the firewall. Until then underhoods going to look old ?

Better picture of how I think the decals should look View attachment 76113
Except for the slanted scrambler lettering, yes, that'd be 81-82 ish.

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
I think that will look the best. This is another contender.
Your first is the style I'm doing, even though it's built as a Laredo trim. The second is a Laredo, which would be more appropriate for mine but I like the SR better :)

0.jpg

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Mine says SR on the title. Any tips on restoring the rocker trim? I may just pay to get them polished?
I started out with a heavy grit (60 if it's really bad, 100 if it's not too bad using an orbital sander) and worked my way up to 400 or even 800. Finished up with 00 steel wool and chrome polish. Took an afternoon and maybe $40 in paper, etc. Came out really good.

City
auburn
State
ca
I started out with a heavy grit (60 if it's really bad, 100 if it's not too bad using an orbital sander) and worked my way up to 400 or even 800. Finished up with 00 steel wool and chrome polish. Took an afternoon and maybe $40 in paper, etc. Came out really good.
That sounds like my next project once it's together. ?

walkerhoundvm

Lifetime Member
City
Cave Creek
State
AZ
Most of us have been through all of this before, some more recently than others. Some of us know these parts by heart ;)

finorman

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
City
ORLANDO
State
FL
Not to pry, but would you mind sharing how much you paid for the paint job.... I have gotten estimates anything 3k-12k.