• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

ADHD Mike’s 46 Flattie scramble

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Hey all! I’m back, with another off the cuff, gotta do project! The gong show that’s been my life has settled out, I’ve managed to build a couple projects, and get out wheeling, amd I’ve even managed to keep the scrambler. Right now, the 8 is in cold and dry storage, and I’ll get at it once I’ve got a bit more liquid cash than I have. Gotta get kids raised.

So, in all the wheeling and dealing, I’ve wound up with everything I need to build a Brennan Metcalf style Rango Willys build, but on a CJ2a chassis, instead of an MB. Front and rear D44’s from a Cherokee chief, and a grand wagoneer. A T18a, with a D20, that will likely get swapped for a D300, to have a better low range. A 4.3 V6. Steel to build the frame. A set of 35x13.5-15” bfg krawlers. And finally, a 46 CJ2a, with a questionable heritage, but a clean VIN that I can register. Tub needs some love, but overall, it’s not the worst I’ve seen. The plan right now is to pick the body up Canadian thanksgiving weekend, the 10-12th of October, and get it home. Then start the welding. I do plan to be wheeling this by next summer. Who’s gonna bet I can get this done? :LOL:

Attachments

• E2AD7622-4694-4B52-AF11-5B452DA7F2C1.png
    E2AD7622-4694-4B52-AF11-5B452DA7F2C1.png
    671.2 KB · Views: 31

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
I’m not keeping the top or doors. My buddy who found this for me is grabbing them for his flattie.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
Peeled the doors off, and I’ll be getting at the top this week, and peeling the body off the frame.

Graveltravels

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Red Deer
State
AB
These rivets have got to be nearly the age of the Jeep. All hot rivets, so it’s a little tough removing them. Settled on a multi tool with a saw blade. Seems to work well.