Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.
i plan on having my scrambler ready to drive before summer time. the last i heard, Bestop was supposed to have the Scrambler Supertops ready sometime in the near future.
I bought mine through K-Line soft tops. I bought the fast track system and like it. It is almost 3 years old now and I haven't had any troubles with it at all. It is a good top.
hey you said yoo picked up a fast trc soft top but didn't mentio whether it was half or whole.....i have been wondering about these soft tops???? they're not pretty but i would like to have the freedom of droppin the top where ever i'm at, thanks
"Still nothing. Hope it is going to be early '03 but no exact date. Sorry. Mike"
This was on 12/18/02. Maybe they are close. I think they had a prototype they were tesing with 2 bows. Everyone on here through a fit. Maybe they redesigned and made it 3 bows. Who knows, I would like to see one if the ever get them ready. The new top they made for the Early Broncos looks really good.
Kayline went out of business in April 2001. Specialty Top Company of Denver bought all their stuff and is making great tops. www.specialtytopco.com is the web page but it seems to be down a lot. You can call toll free 1-866-487-9944 or (303)487-9939 and they will answer all your questions. I put a full soft top with top half soft doors that slide into my bottom half hard doors. I fits perfectly and it seems durable. I've only had it about one year. They make the tops when you order and it takes about 4 weeks. My top was about $700.00 PN 108-213-01.
does anyone still make full hard tops?
i've heard something about people making their own our of 2 cj7 hard tops also
any info on either of these routes is apprectiated
-Tom
I have a kayline fast-trac soft half top and tonneau cover and I love them. Ironhead 380 fused together two CJ-7 tops - check his recent post - he is selling his. - SS
"I have not heard of an exact release date but know that they are coming out this summer. I have not heard what is going on with the bows either. Sorry I didn't have any information for you but I should know a little more in the next few months. Michael Knutson, Bestop Inc."
That is the same guy I get mail from at Bestop. I really don't think he has any idea when the tops will be ready. He is probably just a customer service rep. We need to get a hold of one of their engineers. Then we might get a better idea of the design and availability. Anyone know a Bestop designer/engineer?
On the full size hard tops. AJ Fiberglass is making some nice ones from what I can see in the cataloge. One day maybe I can get the kids moved out and aford one......take a look here is the web sight.
By the way I have the full size fast trac top on my 81 CJ-8. Half hard top that came with it. I have a custom soft top that attaches to the Half hard top and covers the bed like a pickup topper. It comes in handy during hunting season when it is nice to keep your elk out of your lap when driving down the mountain. Plus it is also a lot easier to heat the short cab in winter....Good luck. I think I have a pic of my custom setup on my picture in the members area??
I got an email today from Bestop about the Scrambler Supertop. Supposedly the top is now scheduled to be released at the end of the summer.
Here is what they said:
"It will be a 3 bow set up and should have removable windows."
It sounds promising. Hopefully they guy isn't pulling my chain.
when I ordered my top from Speciality Top, in October 2002, we spoke about them redesigning the Scrambler top. I was told that the Scrambler Top with removable windows was next up after they finish the one they are working on. Maybe ready for summer 2003, but he wasn't sure.
Based on the way he was talking...I ordered mine. I love it. It looks good and fis great. I can't wait for the weather to warm up and I roll it up or take it off.
hey Joker what is your impression of the STC softop???
i can't decide whether to buy into the idea or not...but i love the idea of being able to drop the top when ever i want.......what does it look like rolled down....or do you just completely remove it when not in use?? i am a half hard top guy, just some questions...thanks!!
There's a decent post this forum's CJ-8 Hardtops & Softops section of the classifieds section. It's post name is Kayline (STC) tops and it gives several opinions (including my own), not to mention some reading you may find interesting. I'd cut and paste the post to this thread, but it would be the second time...and that's when people start throwing the rotten fruit!
It's raining here right now, but maybe I'll be able to find a dry spot today and take some pics of the top down.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.