• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Back to Back great runs.

1BADCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Silver City
State
NM
Weekend before last I went out with a patrol from the Mile High Jeep club, we did a night run up Minors Gulch and ran into about 6in of snow in a short but difficult rock garden. There were 14 in all and it was (other than the San Juan) the best run of the year.

Then this last Saturday 4 of us went over Yankee hill, we went though about 2.5ft of snow in places. Very shortly into the trail the 4X4 tracks stopped and we only had ATV tracks. Then about half way to the peak those ended as well. One place it got so deep I had to chain up (all 4) and cut the path so every one else could follow. Trekking fresh snow is awesome. I was the leader and half the time I couldn’t tell where the trail went. When we made it to the semi-summit where you actually can go up to the top of Yankee hill, it looked pretty deep. There was the regular trail up it where it is mogaled (sp) out pretty bad, there the snow was very deep or the side trial where it wasn’t to deep but still very steep, I tried the main trail first and even with chains couldn’t go thru it (yep buried it) but made the by pass (only because I had the chains on). I've ran this trail many times so for the most part I was trying to remember it from memory. Got some great pictures and had a blast. Normally you can run this in about 2.5 to 3 hours, it took us 4.5.

Great runs.