• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

CJ-8 Half door uppers

Mwood1129

City
Pooler
State
GA
I recently purchased a set of steel half doors. The fabric uppers have the squared off window opening. I have the Bestop full soft top with the rounded window openings. Does anyone know if the rounded window uppers are available to fit ? I couldn’t get much help from Bestop. Only thing they would tell me is they didn’t have a listing for uppers fir a 1984 CJ8
Thanks
Mike W

Belizeit

CJ-8 Member
Gold Member
City
River Ridge
State
La
You are probably looking for 1st generation Jeep YJ. Something like 1987 - 1995

wm69

Scrambler Junkie
Silver Member
Lifetime Member
City
God's Country
State
AR
Yep, part number should be 51780. I have a supertop on one of my CJ7's, and recently got some YJ doors, and had to order the 51780-37 (the last two digits signify the color).

Got mine for $287 on ebay. I think Bestop has "minimum advertised price" on their products so the seller sold these as "open box" to get around that.

gr8dain

Old and Slow
BENEFACTOR
Gold Member
Lifetime Member
SOA Member
City
Ashburn
State
VA
I searched locally to find used YJ uppers for the hard top for years. Finally found a set of Steelhorse uppers with the glass sliders. Love them. Before that I had TJ uppers that I had to modify the rear pin FD6D1C68-915F-4E67-BAEF-7F34FF846FA9.jpeg

designerRob

CJ-8 Member
Silver Member
City
Allen Park
State
MI
The squared off corners actually work pretty well with the Bestop Supertop by overlapping the top in the corner. The rounded corner uppers would be essential though if you're running the hardtop.

Mwood1129

City
Pooler
State
GA
I gave up on the hard top. I got the soft topper from Bestop. It works great with the full metal doors. But I like my metal half doors better. Thanks for the direction

Spieg

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Aurora
State
CO
I think you can modify TJ uppers to fit (requires cutting the rear post and relocating it to fit the YJ door holes).

Last edited:

GreatCJ8

Charter Member
Gold Member
City
Lynchburg
State
VA
The squared off corners actually work pretty well with the Bestop Supertop by overlapping the top in the corner. The rounded corner uppers would be essential though if you're running the hardtop.
I have the squared corners & it works great with a bikini top & wind jammer

FLCJ8

Legacy Registered User
City
Palm Bay
State
FL
Yes I’m willing to modify to fit. Just not sure if what model and year to order
Any '97 - '06 TJ/LJ Wrangler upper skin should fit.