• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Decals and Badges

Kiko

Base Coat 1H
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
So I know on my 82 that my interior trim was 5EJ (Nutmeg, High Back Bucket, Vinyl w/Purse Straps). I also know that paint is a 1H Chestnut Brown Metallic. It is a 6cyl that had the T4 originally.

I would like to know a couple things if anyone could help me out. Is there a way to know if it had decals on it. If so what color? After a lot of reading it appears that a lot was done at the dealer level so I'm not certain if that could even be tracked down.

I do have the clock and tachometer and I'm assuming they are original but I know you can drill holes and add them. Is there any way to verify that it came with the laredo package?

Thanks in advance.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
5EJ is the Laredo code for your color. It probably had the standard 82 Laredo brown decals. Does it still have the door panels with carpet on the bottom, leather wrapped grab? Should be nutmeg. Or a black Laredo steering wheel. I not sure the years on this next one but, Laredo's had a chrome pull handle on the swing out tire carrier. However, the 5EJ, if original is the dead give away.

Kiko

Base Coat 1H
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
Interior is not original nor the doors. :(

I'm thinking of putting a decal kit on it as it has been repainted the original brown. It looks like I have the choice of 3 colors of decals that might make sense for an 81-82.

One is Yellow/Terra Cotta
One is Orange/Red
One is Imitation Gold/Sunflower Yellow.

Then there is another kit that is for 81-84 that offers a light and dark nutmeg combo.

The CJ isn't stock or will ever be, but I want to get something close to what it would have looked like. Any thoughts?

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Your Jeep had this stripe kit if it came with nutmeg Laredo seats.

1983CJ8-1.jpg

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
Scrambler:
attachment.php

These pics are of a CJ-7 but it would have been the same in a Scrambler from the front seats forward.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 1982 Nutmeg 5.jpg
    1982 Nutmeg 5.jpg
    635 KB · Views: 546

Kiko

Base Coat 1H
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
So I got my decal kit in. All looks good and I should have the time to get it on this Thursday. I do have a question about the kit. I know a general location for each decal based on the numerous pics that I've looked at. However the kit came with a sheet that I have no idea what it is or where it goes. First of all it is black which is odd. Second it has a fairly small double pinstripe and 2 what seem to be pretty identical other oddly shaped pinstripes. Anyone have an idea where this might go? Attached pic of the decal in question.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

bobbysjeep

Legacy Registered User
City
Charlotte
State
NC
Those are for the chrome Laredo grill. I think from the factory it was one piece, but for shipping/cost yours is in several pieces.

Kiko

Base Coat 1H
Lifetime Member
City
Cincinnati
State
Oh
They Are On!

Got the decals on today. It's like a completely different vehicle now.

Last edited:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Yes it is the same code , chestnut brown. They only did one dark brown back then on scramblers, and the color lasted throughout the run. :thumbsup:

Hayduke

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Withrop Harbor
State
IL
Interior is not original nor the doors. :(

I'm thinking of putting a decal kit on it as it has been repainted the original brown. It looks like I have the choice of 3 colors of decals that might make sense for an 81-82.

One is Yellow/Terra Cotta
One is Orange/Red
One is Imitation Gold/Sunflower Yellow.

Then there is another kit that is for 81-84 that offers a light and dark nutmeg combo.

The CJ isn't stock or will ever be, but I want to get something close to what it would have looked like. Any thoughts?

Is the Decal kit you used the Yellow/Terra Cotta or is it the light and dark nutmeg one? & are these vinyl now? I have the same AMC Chestnut Metallic Brown on my old scrambler and plan to paint my new one that color too!

Last edited:

certifiablejeep

Definitley Certifiable
Lifetime Member
City
Bedford
State
NH
I do have the clock and tachometer and I'm assuming they are original but I know you can drill holes and add them. Is there any way to verify that it came with the laredo package?

If you look very closely at a true dash at the 12 o'clock position of the clock/tach, you will see a notch... drilled out ones will not have that unless real attention to detail is added

172_7285-1.jpg

cb