• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Help me... What color Postal top???

Going Postal

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Corvallis
State
OR
Looking for ideas on a color for the postal top.

Our resident top guru, Jscherb, did up this rendering for me on my CJ8. I can't deside if I should go black like this or blue like the body.

Not entirly sure about the windows either but I'd sure like to put a slider in.

My rear barn door has some rust on the inside lower edge that will need to be cut out and replaced. While I'm at it I'm considering trying to swap the latch, lock and hinges from side to side to have a door swing with hinges on the right rather then left like a postal. Not sure I want to go to that effort though.

bigwalton

Alaskan Postal nutjob
FORUM MANAGER
SOA Member
City
Dexter
State
MI
I like those colors together. :thumbsup:

I don't care for the size of the window personally.

What's the point of trying to swap the sides of the hinge/latch? Seems like a ton of trouble to me and I wouldn't think that the latch/handle itself and the locking mechanism could necessarily be switched/mirrored.

Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave
City
Albany
State
or
window

So since i have been researching the same issues, I have a solution. In Vancouver, by portland there is this place that I will be having make the side window. http://www.motionwindows.com/. If I dont put flat plain glass in there. I have a buddy who does line-x in Salem, he will be doing the top panel in matching color for me, prob at a smoking deal. Are you going with postal doors on your build too?

Going Postal

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Corvallis
State
OR
Yea I have the Postal doors too so think thats what I'll run in the winter. This rig will be my daily driver but with my work in ALaska wont see much time. I just ordered up a bikini top and am getting a set of YJ doors from a friend for summer use. I'll go back and forth with that summer to winter I think. When it's raining in Oregon we can allways drive the LJ. :)

Keep me posted on motion windows. If you place an order and it's any cheaper to get two sets I'll jump in with you.

On the barn door I was just thinking out load really. Would be alot of work for little gain. Just like the LJ with the swing on the passenger side when I get out of the drivers seat and walk back to open it. I haven't been home yet to look at the door to see if it's even possable either...

Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave
City
Albany
State
or
postal

My barn door, hood, dash at the painters right now, having issues getting right hand door glass, and wont be checking on glass for back sides till i get home in aug

Going Postal

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Corvallis
State
OR
My barn door, hood, dash at the painters right now, having issues getting right hand door glass, and wont be checking on glass for back sides till i get home in aug
Who is doing your paint? A friend of mine owns Freebird body and paint on hwy 34 so I might use them but open to others...

Dirty Dave

Dirty Dave
City
Albany
State
or
paint

Dales auto body in Stayton. Its close by my house, so it makes it easy, wish i knew someone that owned a bigger bodyshop

W.R.Buchanan

Legacy Registered User
City
Ojai
State
CA
Postal: Think about the blue with a medium to lighter gray top and windshield frame. The split in colors comes on the line in the doors.

I'm doing the same basic thing with different colors.

Randy