• Notice for iPhone users: DO NOT use the image size reduction option when uploading photos to the forum. This causes portrait images to post as landscape. We have added a warning to the image insert pop-up as well.

Jambo Info Pages

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
Some of you may have noticed that we have added Jambo specific pages to the Article section of CJ-8. The registry table is just about done being built. If you own one of the Jambos listed and want some info listed under the "Notes" column, shoot me a PM and I can add it. Also if you have any more information regarding the Jambos listed such as color or sequential production number, let me know.

Finally, if there are any questions/answers you would like to see posted in FAQ or if there is any other info you would like to see, please let me know.

Hope everyone finds these pages beneficial.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Do you know if each Jambo came with more than one dash plaque?
The reason I ask is the NOS dash plaques that show up on eBay periodically. Were those duplicates of some sort or just dash plaques that never made it to a jamboree?

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
As far as I'm aware, they only came with one. However, it is my understanding that the plaques themselves were available as replacement parts thru the dealer just like anything else.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Interesting since they were specifically numbered. I think I have at least 2 NOS plaques. Will be interesting to see if they or other NOS plaques match up to any Jamborees still baring a plaque.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
They may have made more plaques then actual Jamboree's produced and those are the extras?

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I have NOS plaques 101 and 106. I've seen 1095. Oddly, neither are on the current registry.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
I can see 1095 not being produced since highest on registry is around 700. Just weird that 101 and 106 got left out.

Jeep Addict

Scrambler Junkie
Lifetime Member
City
Baton Rouge
State
La
Yeah I meant those two not the off the charts one. Not weird.

It seems like they would have been badged in order since they were such a rare and commemorative jeep. Not just skipping around but f it. Who cares. Why even make a special page for them :cheers:

jerseyjeeps

Crazy about AMC Jeeps
Lifetime Member
City
Landing
State
NJ
Also Mr Bohs analysis proves the jumping around. It's not crazy long jumping but there was some leaping for sure.

Polarfire

Jeep Aficionado
Lifetime Member
City
Columbia
State
MO
I assume the VIN numbers have nothing to do with the plaque numbers, correct?

It's like they had a box of dash plaques on the assembly line and the guy just grabbed one and slapped it on regardless of sequence number.

Last edited:

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
They were definitely not sequential according to production number. Just look at the first 5 or 6 Jambos. They all came near the END of production. I've got a few guesses why but nothing solid as why that is.

Also agree with the bucket theory.

mr. boh

CJ-8 Member
City
Annapolis
State
MD
The registry is pretty much done with the exception of adding some notes to the Notes column. I will add JA's badge-only numbers and someone on JF just bought #180 so that needs to get added as well.

revho

$9.00 vanilla malt
Lifetime Member
City
beaverdam
State
MI
Years ago, there was a rusty jambo for sale on my local forum. If you are trying to be as complete as possible, I can try to see if any pics or info can be found, even to show. that it did one time exist.

Let me know.